Light-O-Rama Forums

End long song early????

Brent Hall

I have searched but may not be searching correctly.    Is there a way to fade the music to nothing and end a song early?   My wife has been sequencing for about 9 hours today and doesn't want to finish this 4:40 song!!!!!

24 minutes ago, Brent Hall said:

I have searched but may not be searching correctly.    Is there a way to fade the music to nothing and end a song early?   My wife has been sequencing for about 9 hours today and doesn't want to finish this 4:40 song!!!!!

Download an audio editing tool like Audacity and trim the song down to where she wants it. After that the easiest way for her may be to open a new sequence with the new version of song and copy/ paste her now working in to it.

Audacity is free.

JR

• Like 1

After trimming the length as described above, if you are using S5, you can change the media file and it will ask you if you want to reduce to the shorter length.   Say yes, and then save it as a new name, a bit easier than copying and pasting.    A similar technique exists in S4, but I recall I had to manually adjust the sequence length after changing it, 

Edited by TexasLights