Light-O-Rama Forums

How to transfer sequences/songs to a new computer

LO trama

How do I transfer songs into my sequencer program and open on a different computer.? (I already downloaded the S4 software)  I save my work onto an SD card and run my shows off these cards.  Can I transfer song/sequence back onto a new computer?  If so how?  Im running S4 on 4.4.4 running on Advanced license.  7 control boxes CTB16PCg3, operating string led lights.  4 channels are on/off channels for strobe lights. Playing shows  through an SD card show player and FM broadcaster.  Every time I try to open sequence file my computer looks in the App store for an app to open the file.  I hope I'm making this question where people can get what I'm saying.

Is there a better way to save my sequences?  Thanks everyone, MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

"If it wasn't for lights everyone would be the same in the dark":ph34r:

You have to copy the original .LMS or .LAS files, along with their sidecar files {.LCS and .LSV files} to your new computer.  Once the files are written to an SD Card they are in a different format that the Director units use and will no longer be readable by the LOR Software.   However, you can still make a copy of what is on the SD Card as it is to a directory on your HD, this will allow you to copy the show files back to the SD Card incase of a crash, error or something that could end up corrupting a file.

But no way to retrieve, view or edit the SD Card files once written, not to my knowledge of using a Director unit for years.

Question Lo Trama, do you still have the original computer with you sequences. If you do just copy the whole light o rama folder and move it to new one. I sequence on my main computer and then copy folder and put on my labtop show computer to play my show. If you do not have it orville is right about retrieving the SD card files.

• The topic was locked