Light-O-Rama Forums

TSO Showtime central sequence question

Joshb

Ok, I have the tso edition Showtime central with the "can modify" card. Between each song there is a filler sequence with no music where the lights do a slow fade. Does anyone know which sequences on the card are the filler sequences? There's 3 sequence files for each song, 1 large file, then a small 2Kb one, then the largest file. I know nothing about sequencing, but can this filler be taken out? I'll even ship it to someone and pay to have it edited with a 5 second delay between each song. Waiting a full minute after every song really ruins a show. I bought an extra card to play around with. Only the pixel software can read the card and I do have that if needed. I don't want to jack up the card because they're not cheap.

2 hours ago, Joshb said:

Ok, I have the tso edition Showtime central with the "can modify" card. Between each song there is a filler sequence with no music where the lights do a slow fade. Does anyone know which sequences on the card are the filler sequences? There's 3 sequence files for each song, 1 large file, then a small 2Kb one, then the largest file. I know nothing about sequencing, but can this filler be taken out? I'll even ship it to someone and pay to have it edited with a 5 second delay between each song. Waiting a full minute after every song really ruins a show. I bought an extra card to play around with. Only the pixel software can read the card and I do have that if needed. I don't want to jack up the card because they're not cheap.

As long as you have all the .LMS files that created the card, you can just take your new card and add only the MUSICAL .LMS sequences, the fade out sequences should be an animation file with the extension of .LAS, the .LAS files can be left out, this will stop the light fades between sequences.  But you do have to create a NEW SHOW FILE with ONLY those .LMS files and the light fades between each will be gone.  Once you have all the .lms sequences in the show editor part of the HUB {Create NEW SD Card Show}, save the new show to your second SD Card and everything should be good to go.

If you need a 5 second gap between each sequence, then you will still need an Animation file {.las}, create an empty animation file, it will have to have at least ONE CHANNEL in the file, use a DUMMY CONTROLLER  with a Unit ID you are not using and any Channel # on that dummy controller, make the length of the animation file like this: 00:00:05.00, as this is the timing format the SE uses, and this will make it 5 seconds long with no lights or anything on.  However if you want any specific lights on in the animation sequence between songs, you just add in the controller # and channels you want to turn on for that 5 second interval.

Either way is up to you on how to do it.  You will need to add these animation files in between each .lms sequence, not sure how the HUB creates an SD Card as I no longer use a Director, but you may have to change from Musical Sequence to Animation Sequence via a drop down box to add the Animation between each musical sequence.  This will allow you to add the animation file after the musical sequence.   You will have to change this back and forth as you enter your musical sequence, animation sequence, musical, animation, etc.

But this is how to do it without messing up your original TSO Showtime Central SD card.

Another way{and may be easier} is to COPY the original SD Card to your HD, then copy the HD to your other SD Card and use the Edit Existing SD Card Show and edit the show on the SD Card.  However, you may still need to create your own Animation file to place between each sequence if you want a 5 second gap of NO Lights or Specific Lights ON during that time in the same way listed above.

Good Luck!

2 minutes ago, Joshb said:

Holy hell, that sounds easy lol, but I'll give it a try. Thanks 

You're welcome.  Sometimes we just overlook the obvious right in front of us at times.  I still do it too, human nature I'm sure.🤣🤣🤣

• The topic was locked