Light-O-Rama Forums

Mini Director Gen 1

Godney

I know this question has probably been asked many times, but here goes is there a way to read an SD card in HU under the MP3 tab so you can change the program so you don't have to rewrite the whole show. Thanks Rodney

Not that I know of, I used the Mini Director gen 1 my first few years and the newer ones there after, still could not change the SD card you have to rewrite it.

Earle is correct, there is no way to read an SD Card and edit it, only rewriting the show over on the card is the only way to do it. 

You can view the files on the SD Card, but they are not editable.

The reason is that when the files are written to the SD Card, it is written in a special format for the Director units to use, once written, no way to edit them.

Edited by Orville

7 hours ago, Mega Arch said:

And I always format the card first. Keeps ghost gremlins from showing up. 

Excellent advice.  I did that too, but it's been years since I've used a Director, so I forgot about that part.  Thanks for bringing it up, definitely should do that before every re-write to an SD Card!

• Like 1

Don't worry about formatting already been done , i just hate to rewrite sd card to add one song i have close to 100 sequences on it.

On 11/27/2019 at 5:28 PM, Godney said:

Don't worry about formatting already been done , i just hate to rewrite sd card to add one song i have close to 100 sequences on it.

Oh wow!  Yep, it’s a pain for me & I only play around 15 songs a year. Couldn’t imagine the frustration of that many. 

12 hours ago, Mega Arch said:

Oh wow!  Yep, it’s a pain for me & I only play around 15 songs a year. Couldn’t imagine the frustration of that many. 

When I used a Director ALL my SHOW Sequences were placed in ONE directory for that year,  as an example my folder was called{without the quotes} "2019 Christmas Sequences", then I could just select them all and import them, however, if you want them in a specific order, then you have to re-arrange them in the order you want MANUALLY {what a PAIN!}. 

My workaround for that was to add numerical ID's to the beginning of each sequence filename, example if I had 100 sequences I'd use 3 letter numerical prefixes, 001-{filename}, 002-{filename}, 003-{filename} as an example of this, song: Joy to the World would be 001-Joy to the World, 002-Santa Claus is Coming to Town,...... 100-Wizards in Winter.  Then if I added a new song that would be 101-Siberian Sleigh Ride and I wanted it to play in 034's spot, I'd select all the sequences, load them all in, then move the 101-Siberican Sleigh Ride up above 034, but make sure it's below the 033 or whichever spot you place it. {Remember now all songs will be +1 down the list, that last song, 100 would actually now be 101.  This is the easiest way I know to add in a new song without having to load, then manually move them around if you have a set order you want them in.

Anyway this was how I worked around this issue when I was using an SD Card and Director unit.

Best of luck.

• The topic was locked