Light-O-Rama Forums

New to Sequencing

Meekus24

Brand new to sequencing this year and very much looking forward to digging in.  Unfortunately, haven't had as much time to start doing some sequencing of my own and would love to ask if anyone would be willing to share some of theirs with me.  I have a basic setup of a 16 channel sequencer hooked up to a bunch of LED lights -- no special arches, faces, or antyhing of that sort, just basic string lights in different shapes.

I am hoping to use some of the sequences to get my show started and then use them as a guide as to how to build my own.  A lot of the ones I have found are for far more complex setups than mine.

Appreciate anything anyone can share.

email: junglejim0724@yahoo.com

Thanks 

the best course of action is to google free lightorama sequences lms and hunt around.   There are quite a few sites that host some examples.   Since you only have a basic setup most of them will have at least 16 or 32 channels.   land o lights is one that I used to get started and was using ones people made for really old versions of LOR, but the concepts are the same still.     Of course, they also tend to be older songs, but still good ones to have.

For both of you, start by looking through this Sequence Sharing section of the forum.  There are many hundreds of sequences offered.  Do your part and read posts and request the ones that you want as opposed to expecting others to read your general request and determine if they have something that might meet your needs.

Next step (likely starting in January) Learn how to sequence on your own.

The only other things I would add to this is even if it is for more channels, you can use the sequencing at least for the timings they use, then import your channel format (in Sequence Editor you click Edit->Export/Import Channel Configuration) and create your sequence to those timings using your channels. And even if you start your show with a handful of songs you can add 1 per day if you have the time when the show isn't playing and by Mid-December you can easily have 15 or more songs. When I first started I was adding a song a day making it the first song to start the show each night.

I would even post it on Facebook each day so my friends/family knew what new song would start the show.

Edited by MichRX7

22 minutes ago, MichRX7 said:

When I first started I was adding a song a day making it the first song to start the show each night.

I wish!  But my first year of a musical show was over 3,000 channels - so a bit more involved to add songs...

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

I wish!  But my first year of a musical show was over 3,000 channels - so a bit more involved to add songs...

Well, no one forced you to spend that much money your first year! 😂

I started with a whopping 32 channels. I guess I just like "old school" lights.

17 hours ago, Meekus24 said:

Brand new to sequencing this year and very much looking forward to digging in.  Unfortunately, haven't had as much time to start doing some sequencing of my own and would love to ask if anyone would be willing to share some of theirs with me.  I have a basic setup of a 16 channel sequencer hooked up to a bunch of LED lights -- no special arches, faces, or antyhing of that sort, just basic string lights in different shapes.

I am hoping to use some of the sequences to get my show started and then use them as a guide as to how to build my own.  A lot of the ones I have found are for far more complex setups than mine.

Appreciate anything anyone can share.

email: junglejim0724@yahoo.com

Thanks 

2 hours ago, Bmcgee said:

I’m in the same boat here, if you are sent anything can you forward?

brianmcgee123@aol.com

Sent you both some 

1 hour ago, MichRX7 said:

Well, no one forced you to spend that much money your first year! 😂

I started with a whopping 32 channels. I guess I just like "old school" lights.

I started with about 1,000 pixels...

• The topic was locked