Light-O-Rama Forums

someone is sending virus through email, with heading Singing Faces Sequences

phxbabe

FYI I got several emails from someone named Cagimobilepier, the person keeps sending the same email with subject line "singing face sequence" in the body of the email it says "sorry for the delay"  My virus software has flagged it as a virus before I even tried to open it. (Thank God!) Maybe we shouldn't be listing our email addresses in the body of our requests?  maybe have a way to share files from the forum?  IDK, but I wanted to let everyone know about this so you could be aware of this!

GMAIL has a bad habit of reporting LMS files as a virus. Not sure why it would to be honest.

What is the actual email address of the sender? Are you gmail, yahoo, outlook, or something else?

Massey's rules of computer security.

NEVER open attachments unless you are expecting something, and even then double check.

NEVER EVER click on links in email. Use your own bookmark, or Google it or type it in by hand.

An anti virus can not protect you from yourself.

Backup,Backup, Backup.

2 minutes ago, PhilMassey said:

Massey's rules of computer security.

NEVER open attachments unless you are expecting something, and even then double check.

NEVER EVER click on links in email. Use your own bookmark, or Google it or type it in by hand.

An anti virus can not protect you from yourself.

Backup,Backup, Backup.

And just because you DO know the sender. Question odd requests.

I once got  mail from my sister who claimed to be stuck in Europe because their passports were stolen and needed money for the hotel.  The RED FLAG: I knew they did not travel due to my Brother in laws health.

(BTW this is a common scam). Always validate before sending money. Triple validate when the funds are going to be untraceable (eg. cash cards)

• The topic was locked