Light-O-Rama Forums

Customer Service??

JoeyD

30 minutes ago, JoeyD said:

Sorry this has been frustrating my eBay controller from last year died so I've given up for this year.

Ebay purchases are many times roll the dice and press your luck. However, LOR will still repair the controller and I am not sure but they use to have a buy back program where you could turn in old LOR controllers for 40% off a new one but not sure if they still have it, you can ask.

4 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

Ebay purchases are many times roll the dice and press your luck. However, LOR will still repair the controller and I am not sure but they use to have a buy back program where you could turn in old LOR controllers for 40% off a new one but not sure if they still have it, you can ask.

I read up a little on the warranties which is why I went through LOR this time. I'll open a ticket on it and see doesn't hurt to ask. Thanks.

Keep in mind that this is LOR's busiest time of the year and they are being swamped by the last minute DIYers. Patience is a virtue at this time but I will guarantee they will get to you.

16 hours ago, JoeyD said:

I read up a little on the warranties which is why I went through LOR this time. I'll open a ticket on it and see doesn't hurt to ask. Thanks.

Can you PM me with what your issues are {no I don't work for LOR} but maybe I can help you resolve something that could a possible simple fix you could do yourself that wouldn't violate any warranty issues.

22 hours ago, JoeyD said:

Feel like I got the old used car salesman bait and switch please contact me

I hope you have taken the time to open a help desk ticket, we will do our best to help.    We don't care who you purchased the controller from.  If it is ours, we will stand behind it and repair/replace it as needed.

BUT I do want to say I take umbrage with this comment.  

You stated you purchased the controller from eBay.  That would mean the person who pulled a bait and switch on you is the person you purchased the controller from on eBay, not us.  

I've only had one issue (knock on wood) with a controller. It was purchased by a vendor and LOR was very prompt and even sent me a replacement part overnight since it was late in the season and did not require me to send in my part first. I was extremely pleased with the service. They did take a CC#, but that was expected in case I didn't send in the malfunctioning part. It really was great as I was quite stressed that I'd only have half a show that year. But the piece went in, the controller came on, and I smiled all the way to the New Year.

5 hours ago, DevMike said:

I hope you have taken the time to open a help desk ticket, we will do our best to help.    We don't care who you purchased the controller from.  If it is ours, we will stand behind it and repair/replace it as needed.

BUT I do want to say I take umbrage with this comment.  

You stated you purchased the controller from eBay.  That would mean the person who pulled a bait and switch on you is the person you purchased the controller from on eBay, not us.  

My problem has been resolved it was an error in the licence key when I purchased the TSO Showtime central package it was supposed to be Pro and I got Standard. The issue with the eBay controller was from last year worked fine, now half the channels are out, I have given it to someone else and he is going to send it in for repair. I was just frustrated it seemed like I couldn't get any service. Thanks for your help.

• The topic was locked