Light-O-Rama Forums

2019 Christmas Display in Progress

Orville

Well due to some prodding from the wife, neighbors and friends, I am putting up a 2019 Christmas Display.

So far I have my Blow Molds mounted and some connected to the 1st CTB16PC Controller, have to get my Blow Mold candles connected to the 2nd Controller as well as power run to it.  Also hoping to get some Pixel Bullets up on the front corners of my house.  Not doing a roof line this year, since my roof line CCB's have had far too many failures in their bulbs, some missing one color, some missing2 or more colors, so they just aren't usable and repairing them is out of the question, so those 2 RGB Controllers will be used for Back Up Controllers if needed.

Was hoping to try and finish up today {Thursday 11/14/2019}, but the weather casters BLEW IT AGAIN, stated it would be raining starting at 5pm, well got up at 6am this morning to go out and start checking on what I needed to do, and at 6:30AM it started raining.  It's a mild chill in the air here in Florida, but very comfortable to be working outdoors, just not today!

And of course I just had to make ONE DUMB mistake this year during set-up, fortunately I caught that before it started raining and no wet dew this morning, so than God I found my BLUNDER before a Controller would have gotten soaked out internally.  Yes, my DUMB mistake and hope it's the only one for this year, was I ran the Cat5 cable from the front CTB16PC Controller to the CTB16PC Controller in the back, well I forgot and left the back CTB16PC Controller lid wide open ALL NIGHT, found it first thing when I went out this morning and corrected it after checking for critters inside and any wetness, thankfully it was BONE DRY and it was too chilly for any reptiles {Lizards} to be active, so the Controller was dry and clear, fortunately it was also UNPOWERED, so that could have been a disaster if rain would have come sooner and the unit had power to it.  But I haven't ran power to it as yet.

So I won't get anything done outside today at all, since it's supposed to rain all night and into Friday morning.  I have chuch on Friday morning and evening, so won't get a thing done outside until Saturday.

So today, since it's raining EARLIER than expected, I'll spend updating my sequences to the new 2019 set-up and maybe add in a few additional songs once the otehrs have been updated.

So, just wanted you folks to know, I am putting up a Christmas Display for 2019. {Our lawn folks won't be doing anything for the next 3-4 months, so I don't have to worry about them for awhile!}   So the 2019 Christmas Show is ON! :)

Edited by Orville
  • Like 1

• The topic was locked