Light-O-Rama Forums

Couple Mini Director Glitches

Golfer

Brand new LOR customer and first year display

Having an easy time loading the playlist to my mini director on the SD card.  I am using it on "play when has power" setting.

It fires up fine...but problems I am having are the following...

Between songs I have a pretty noticeable click as one song ends and the next begins.  ANyone else having these issues.  I have run things thru Audacity to make them as good as possible and they are purchased mp3's.  Any thoughts on how to get the clicking out?

Second issue.  I have seen this posted before but has anyone found a sure fire solution.....At the end of a sequence, sometimes a light is "stuck" on for the next song maybe more.  I think it is triggered by a light being on at the end of a sequence, thus never getting the off command so to speak.  It then stays on at full until a trigger somewhere in a future song triggers it back off.   Sometimes that is one song sometimes multiple songs...I was testing with only a small number of lights connected prior to going live in a week or two.  If you have figured out a way to eliminate this problem or your experience let me know so I can edit things or update things to help.

Thanks in advance!

These are both very good questions that I also would like to see some answers to.

I use a Mini Director to drive my show and also have a "click" between songs.  But I found this to be less annoying than my problem of "hum" from the FM transmitter, which I finally resolved last season by plugging the box containing the mini director and the FM transmitter into a completely different power circuit from all other controllers.  I had added significantly more controllers and lights last year that I guess caused feedback on the power circuit.  All my lights are LED.

As for stuck lights, I have had this problem on items that I usually keep on all the time, like my "tune to" sign.  I found that if I had a song where I wanted it turned off right at the start of the sequence, simply "turning it off" in the row would not work; the sign would stay on.  To fix that issue I put in a quick 1 second fade at the beginning of the sequence to turn it off.  It almost seems like it misses the first command and since it never changes state after that, the light stays on.

4 hours ago, Golfer said:

Brand new LOR customer and first year display

Having an easy time loading the playlist to my mini director on the SD card.  I am using it on "play when has power" setting.

It fires up fine...but problems I am having are the following...

Between songs I have a pretty noticeable click as one song ends and the next begins.  ANyone else having these issues.  I have run things thru Audacity to make them as good as possible and they are purchased mp3's.  Any thoughts on how to get the clicking out?

Second issue.  I have seen this posted before but has anyone found a sure fire solution.....At the end of a sequence, sometimes a light is "stuck" on for the next song maybe more.  I think it is triggered by a light being on at the end of a sequence, thus never getting the off command so to speak.  It then stays on at full until a trigger somewhere in a future song triggers it back off.   Sometimes that is one song sometimes multiple songs...I was testing with only a small number of lights connected prior to going live in a week or two.  If you have figured out a way to eliminate this problem or your experience let me know so I can edit things or update things to help.

Thanks in advance!

Is the clicking sound through your speakers of the director itself? 

If you have hum on your FM transmitter adjust the computer or source volume lower. In your case probably the transmitter itself needs to be adjusted and keep the antenna away from other power sources.

JR

the click only happens as each song/sequence concludes, and is one the broadcast audio only, the mini director is not making any noise.   i will try adjusting the volume levels on the transmitter to see if that helps minimize the amount of the click noise.

Thanks!

10 hours ago, hasslerk said:

These are both very good questions that I also would like to see some answers to.

I use a Mini Director to drive my show and also have a "click" between songs.  But I found this to be less annoying than my problem of "hum" from the FM transmitter, which I finally resolved last season by plugging the box containing the mini director and the FM transmitter into a completely different power circuit from all other controllers.  I had added significantly more controllers and lights last year that I guess caused feedback on the power circuit.  All my lights are LED.

As for stuck lights, I have had this problem on items that I usually keep on all the time, like my "tune to" sign.  I found that if I had a song where I wanted it turned off right at the start of the sequence, simply "turning it off" in the row would not work; the sign would stay on.  To fix that issue I put in a quick 1 second fade at the beginning of the sequence to turn it off.  It almost seems like it misses the first command and since it never changes state after that, the light stays on.

Thanks for the trick on the stuck lights...I have tried doing a fade at the end of the sequence where there was a light on full until the end of the sequence.  That seems to help so far( fingers crossed).  It seems that if the lights don't get a for sure "turn off" signal then they are not going to do anything.  It is weird how mine happens that the lights may stick on for an entire song where they would be on and off, then the next song the trigger for that same circuit wakes it up and gets it going again...Weird

Thanks for the idea, if the killing the lights at the end doesn't work all the time, then I will try the quick fade out at the start and see of that gets me away from the issue