Light-O-Rama Forums

Latest update put a bug in motion effect?

butlerlj

I have a few motion effects that I have set the transition to the musical note icon, where the slider value changes with the loudness of the music. It works fine in the sequencer but the actual lights of the prop do not light at all at those areas I have selected the Musical Note Icon (use audio waveform). This was working in my earlier test and the only thing I have done different is update S5 to 5.3.10. Was wondering if anyone else has this issue before rolling back to older version.

Thanks, Larry

Another detail I just discovered with this issue is the lights will not move to the music only when the schedule is enabled, it works fine from the sequencer, with control lights on. So it seems the problem may be in the show editor. I also need.to mention that this sequence is on a trigger (Jukebox). The file I am using is .loredit and not the .play.lms. file which I'm not sure if I have that right. I assume the latest version will play both?

L

Your licence says 5.2, which is not THE latest update. Please confirm what version you are actually running, as it could affect my reply.

I am running 5.3.10 and will update my profile.  Last night I rolled it back to 5.3.6 but have not tried it yet it was getting late. Today I have a wedding, who gets married in November,?, so Sunday I will see what happens with 5.3.6.

Thanks

Edited by butlerlj
It might just be a matter of just reloading the software.

Status of this problem: Had trouble installing older version of S5 so  reinstalled 5.3.10 and I connected a few pixels indoors to controller, created a show (musical) without any triggers to see if that was the problem but it was not. Wondering if I should open a trouble ticket but was hoping someone could verify they have the same issue or if I am doing something wrong. 

In my original post I stated it was working in an earlier test but I believe that not to be true. I believe I was testing from the sequencer without the schedule enabled, which in this scenario the lights work correctly and consistently.

L

4 hours ago, butlerlj said:

Status of this problem: Had trouble installing older version of S5 so  reinstalled 5.3.10 and I connected a few pixels indoors to controller, created a show (musical) without any triggers to see if that was the problem but it was not. Wondering if I should open a trouble ticket but was hoping someone could verify they have the same issue or if I am doing something wrong. 

In my original post I stated it was working in an earlier test but I believe that not to be true. I believe I was testing from the sequencer without the schedule enabled, which in this scenario the lights work correctly and consistently.

L

Did you create the play files? From what I have read, you must play show on demand all the way through and doing this creates the play files. Some people have said it can take a long time.

Yes, I believe I have created the play file but I admit I'm a little confused by the play file.  Last year, with the latest S5 version it seemed I had to create the play file manually but this year with the latest version it creates, from what I understand, a hidden play file automatically. So now I have loredit files that I select from the Show Editor. I still see my play files from last year in the same folder as the loredit files.

I have played them all the way through several times, this is how I discovered the problem only exist where I have the music waveform dictate a motion effect automatically.

Thanks for the help with this issue.  

I have tried this on a different PC with Windows 7 and it acts exactly the same way.

I have attached a couple of screen shots of the motion effect generator settings I have issues with. 

MeG1.jpg

MeG2.jpg

I have a wave form option in several motion effects and they seem to be working in sequencer, show play, on lights, and in the preview.

The play files in your sequence folder are from the earlier version where you created them manually.

Your show should be created with the new loredit files, run through once to create the new playback files  which will be created in the lorinternal folder. The old play files will be the earlier version of your sequence.

On 11/17/2019 at 10:02 PM, PhilMassey said:

I have a wave form option in several motion effects and they seem to be working in sequencer, show play, on lights, and in the preview.

The play files in your sequence folder are from the earlier version where you created them manually.

Your show should be created with the new loredit files, run through once to create the new playback files  which will be created in the lorinternal folder. The old play files will be the earlier version of your sequence.

So your lights work correctly and your using version 5.3.10 as your profile states?

16 minutes ago, PhilMassey said:

Lights do indeed show the proper motion effect with waveform in 5.3.10 and in 5.2.4 also.

Okay, good to know. Not sure where the problem truly is on my end but two different pc's with 5.3.10 running on two different operating systems the lights would not work correctly with wave form. When I put 5.2.4 on the two subject machines they both work correctly. So that's my fix for this year but apparently it's not THE fix for all.

Thanks for your input

I am having the exact same problem with the audio wave control of motion effects in version 5.3.10. Perhaps it's a bug? I'll try rolling back to version 5.2.4 and let you know.

21 minutes ago, _Steve said:

I am having the exact same problem with the audio wave control of motion effects in version 5.3.10. Perhaps it's a bug? I'll try rolling back to version 5.2.4 and let you know.

5.2.4 was the only fix for me. The problem was consistent with 5.3.10 on two machines and two OS's . The problem was fixed on both machines once I reinstalled 5.2.4. I  opened a help desk ticket but the last I heard it was being deferred to engineering.  Since one of the post above states that their 5.3.10 works fine I still don't know what exactly is going on. I even created a new test musical in 5.3.10 and still had the problem. Good luck and yes, please let me know.

This must be a bug in 5.3.10.

Deleting and regenerating the play files did not help.

I downgraded to 5.2.4. Unfortunately a few of my props use custom locations in my Preview... and this is not compatible with 5.2.4. My sequences created in 5.3.10 will not load in 5.2.4. I did make a new test sequence in 5.2.4 and can confirm that there is no problem with audio wave control in the motion effects while in version 5.2.4.

So I reinstalled 5.3.10 an plan on removing all of the audio wave controls.... which is quite unfortunate. Interestingly, the sequence that I created in 5.2.4 still plays the motion effect properly from 5.3.10.

I suspect the problem occurs when 5.3.10 creates the playback files... some of the motion effect information is not passed to the playback files.

• 2 weeks later...

Help desk just emailed me today and said they have identified the problem and will be fixed in the 5.3.12 release.