Light-O-Rama Forums

Newbie Setup

Marlo

Beginning the learning process before I buy more.  Just completed a show sequence.  Went through the setup process in the Hardware utility and can turn the lights on in test.  When I play a show my lights don't do anything.  In the light show status it does say the show is currently playing.  I even tried switching it to the on demand setting to play immediately.  Clearly I'm missing a step.  Help please! 

CCC+ and 2x100 bullets.

Thanks!

52 minutes ago, Marlo said:

Beginning the learning process before I buy more.  Just completed a show sequence.  Went through the setup process in the Hardware utility and can turn the lights on in test.  When I play a show my lights don't do anything.  In the light show status it does say the show is currently playing.  I even tried switching it to the on demand setting to play immediately.  Clearly I'm missing a step.  Help please! 

CCC+ and 2x100 bullets.

Thanks!

Look for something in S5 called "control lights". Either that or your networks are off in sequence. Lets also add in what adapter you are using.

JR

So I was able to figure it out.  I started over and only additional thing I did was switch to the enhanced LOR network.  

Another question.  How do I go about not using certain bulbs in a strand.  Ex 5ft gap not used on roofline or strand to long to go around a garage door?

1 minute ago, Marlo said:

So I was able to figure it out.  I started over and only additional thing I did was switch to the enhanced LOR network.  

Another question.  How do I go about not using certain bulbs in a strand.  Ex 5ft gap not used on roofline or strand to long to go around a garage door?

If you don't /can't edit the sequence: Bulb blackout caps that fit your bulbs. (shrink tubing, pinched off , in a pinch.

I will assume, you don't want to cut / splice in wire

Awesome great idea.  Thank you!

Man this stuff is frustrating at first.  Next question.  What the heck did I bump.  Now whenever I go to highlight a certain time in the sequence, it automatically selects the entire row.  Just started doing it tonight.  There has to be something I changed or bumped by accident.  

42 minutes ago, Marlo said:

Awesome great idea.  Thank you!

Man this stuff is frustrating at first.  Next question.  What the heck did I bump.  Now whenever I go to highlight a certain time in the sequence, it automatically selects the entire row.  Just started doing it tonight.  There has to be something I changed or bumped by accident.  

If S5 has the same button (looks like an arrow pointed side ways) turn that off. If its on whatever you put the mouse on and hold/ move it, it will mess your affects up such as you describe. That button turns off the easy buttons. Sounds like you have fades on with that button depressed.

JR