Light-O-Rama Forums

Upscaling pixels on S5 / Superstar - no SUP file though

madmarlon

Hi,

I saw the similar post before but didn't quite answer my exact query.

I've recently purchased some pre-made sequences for a 16 ch Megatree that I have created using 5m strips at 30pixels/1m (so 150 pixels)

but I've just realised that the sequences are only 50 pixels high, and so only fill 1/3 of my tree. AAARRRrrrrrrrrrr

When I bought the sequences, I only got the lms file and the xml file. No SUP file.

I know there is an pixel up-scaler in Superstar but I'm having trouble getting it to work and not sure if I can without the original SUP file.

In the S5 software I have configured a preview with the tree and the sequence plays fine in here (although only on 1/3 of the tree). Under the Tree Prop I have a line Tree 16CCR: Motion effects, which is blank and the next line has 16CCR:Channels which has all the pixel data in it for the tree.

I thought I could select the complete motion effects row, and then select superstar, so it will go into superstar, and I could edit, but if I do that, Superstar opens up but has no data in it - completely bank. So the music plays and I can see the blank tree but no graphics to edit.

It will only let me select the motion effects row to apply superstar, all other lines are not an option as superstar needs a motion effect row.

Is there a way of generating an SUP file, if I really need that.

Don't want to have to go through all these songs copy and pasting lines from row 1 to 2 and 3 and on and on.

Please help as I'm stuck

Thanks

Marlon

There is not a way to convert .lms files to .sup files.

Most vendors distribute .lms files because if they give you a .sup file and you don't have the appropriate superstar license then you can't export it.

But if the vendor knows you have a superstar license and you want the .sup file most of them will give you the .sup file. Have you asked them for the .sup file?

Sounds like you got the sequence from HolidaySequences. They use to send the .sup file but don't anymore, just send him an email requesting the .sup file.

In S5 which you stated you are using..... an AVI can be used which I have as well. I can send you the AVI to use and can show you how to load it in S5 it is very simple. Let me know

Thank You

11 hours ago, madmarlon said:

I've recently purchased some pre-made sequences for a 16 ch Megatree that I have created using 5m strips at 30pixels/1m (so 150 pixels)

Two things about this.  First of all, please do not refer to a strip or string on your pixel tree or output from the controller as a "channel".  It is actually many channels.  Better to refer to that as an output, or port (if you insist) on the controller, or a pixel strip or string.  Helps to avoid confusion.

Second item.  Are you REALLY sure that your strip is 150 pixels?  Yes, there are 150 RGB LEDs, but it very likely is only 50 controllable pixels.  Take a look at the photo below.  This is a "30 pixel per meter strip".  You can see that there is a WS2811 chip for every three RGB LEDs.  That means that three RGB LEDs behave the same, so for a 5 meter strip, there are 50 controllable pixels.  If each RGB LED is actually individually controllable, there will be a control chip for each RGB LED.  Note that often in this case, the chip is embedded under the RGB LED, so you won't see it - such as the case in the second photo.

Planter_strip_backfeed.jpg

Star_center_fill_top.sm.jpg

Mr.P - Yes from HolidaySequences

HolidaySequences - Interested in your reply, would that mean I would effectively get a higher resolution graphic as I am not stretching the pixels from 1 to 3?? If so that would be great.

K6ccc - They are 150 pixel strips (450 channels) they are WS2812B chips, not the 2811 (which I believe have three identical pixels of one chip)

Thanks for answers all here, and very interested in the AVI solution.

The AVI used can be up scaled to the size of tree you have. I have converted all my files into a AVI file to work in S5.. Customers I have shown how to use the AVI's love how quick it is to load up in S5. I also do this in Xlights where customers get the AVI files just so you know the AVI created in Xlights will not work in Light O Rama. In 2020 I will be including the AVI files for S5 users. Madmarlon I gotcha send me a email and I will take care of it.

Thanks 

Edited by Holidaysequences
Added more information

Hey Holiday Sequences.

I've tried contacting you many ways with no replies.

Can you get in touch please so I can get these AVI's as my display needs to be running by the 23rd of November