Light-O-Rama Forums

Image sources for CCRs

Paul Masterson

Hi

I've started working with my first PixieCon CCR this year and I'm curious where folks download images to use in SuperStar for the CCR tree. I've been on Giphy for many but I am thinking that 8 Bit graphics are the best and am having challenges finding them. Do folks use 8 Bit graphics? What sites are best to look at? I'm sure I'll get into creating my own images over time, but the clock is ticking as Christmas is creeping closer.

Thanks all.

There is a new tutorial on importing images. You can import high resolution images as well as low resolution images and superstar will make them whatever resolution you want. There is not a particular website I use. I just do a google search and click on images for the results.

To find the tutorial go to the lightorama main page, click on "Support" then click on "Tutorials and PDFs", scroll down near the bottom to find the superstar group. The images tutorial is the last one in the superstar group.

1 hour ago, BrianBruderer said:

There is a new tutorial on importing images. You can import high resolution images as well as low resolution images and superstar will make them whatever resolution you want. There is not a particular website I use. I just do a google search and click on images for the results.

To find the tutorial go to the lightorama main page, click on "Support" then click on "Tutorials and PDFs", scroll down near the bottom to find the superstar group. The images tutorial is the last one in the superstar group.

Brian,

In the past using a gif or image that has a very high pixel count/ resolution is far distorted to use at our prop sizes. I could only view (on the actual prop) images that were in the low hundred x low hundred to be worth using. Has this changed? In SS the images always look good but after testing on the props far to distorted.

I have been Googling "mini gif" to find the lower resolution pics.

James uses software for most of his.

Just wondering.

JR

Most high resolution images have intricate details in them and they don't work out at light display resolutions. But it is not the resolution of the image that is the problem, it is the intricate detail. I have used high resolution images that don't have a lot of detail and they work out fine. For example, the bell in my sequence "Ding Dong Merrily on High" is a high resolution image but it is a simple image and it came out Ok.

I know we can do images but I've seen some used what looks like movie animation. Can you put movie animation on a ccr tree or matrix? If so how?

To do a "movie" animation use a .gif. They have multiple images in them. The tutorial on importing images shows how to download the .gif images and make a movie animation. Again, to find the tutorial go to the lightorama main page, click on "Support" then click on "Tutorials and PDFs", scroll down near the bottom to find the superstar group. The images tutorial is the last one in the superstar group.