Light-O-Rama Forums

Lor pixels with 3rd party controllers?

Dcroc

Looking to changed out my pixel strips to LOR pixels next year.   Will I be able to use my HC dmx controllers, or will I have to buy all new controllers?  Trying to make it as budget friendly as possible, and will probably be sticking to LOR hardware from here out, but would like to spread the conversion out over a couple years.

8 minutes ago, Dcroc said:

Looking to changed out my pixel strips to LOR pixels next year.   Will I be able to use my HC dmx controllers, or will I have to buy all new controllers?  Trying to make it as budget friendly as possible, and will probably be sticking to LOR hardware from here out, but would like to spread the conversion out over a couple years.

AFAIK   String Voltage, AND (At least this is a Pixie limitation) chip Frequency and Chip type   must be the same for all on the controller

Just take note of the voltage and IC, example:  WS2811 at 12v or WS2801 at 5v. Your controller dictates what IC and what voltage.

Edited by Mr. P

45 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

AFAIK   String Voltage, AND (At least this is a Pixie limitation) chip Frequency and Chip type   must be the same for all on the controller

Depends on the controller, some controllers can handle different IC at the same time and on others they must all be the same. A Falcon can handle a different pixel type on each port.

HC controller must be all the same.

Edited by Mr. P

• The topic was locked