Light-O-Rama Forums

cutting a pixel strip

AussieRob65

Hi all

I am new to using CCR pixel strips. I have one that has 300 individual pixels (w2811) (or 3 pixels per little section, making it 100 pixel)  on it (5 meters) and I have cut it in half, (on the cut marks) for 2x 150 individual pixels.( 50 pixel or 2.5 meters) Before I cut it, all pixels lit up, now only one length works when connected to my pixie16 controller, no matter what port I plug them into, either both connected or just 1 at a time, only 1 works (same one where ever it is connected). Controller is configured to 50 pixels per port, using s4 (4.4.4). This is the only pixel strip I am working with at the moment, until I work it out. Can anyone tell me what I may of done wrong please? The 1 that does not work, flashes on for a second when I connect it straight up to 12Vdc (obviously because no data to keep them on I think?). Any help very much appreciated, thank you.

Did you get the correct end for (data) IN ?  Smart strips/Strings can accept power from either end, but Data is uni-directional.

💡 Use the working strip and make the IN  with +12 in the same physical orientation

+12

Di  ->

Gnd

As TheDucks stated data only flows in one direction through strip. Look on the strip and you should see arrows which shows the direction of data flow.

WS2811.jpg.a0bd2250863b1c93e88271b418eb2525.jpg

• The topic was locked