Light-O-Rama Forums

Purchase Questions

DocBrown86

I'm getting a little thrown off by the description of what I need to purchase. Hopefully it can get clarified! I am using 6 ports of my Pixcon16 with a total of 927 channels throughout the ports. Channels, not pixels.

So with that being said, at 309 pixels, would I purchase the 8_CCR 400 Pixel option? I guess it's the 8_CCR part that is throwing me, does that number mean anything? Also if it matters, I do not plan on using the Auto Sequence feature. The site says that is what makes the channel count important?

And my last question, I've been using pixel editor and just switched to S5, so I've been running my pixels in DMX network mode. Can I continue to do that with Superstar, or will I have to switch to LOR in Network preferences? Which is better?

Thanks!

Edited by DocBrown86

Back when superstar was first created the only pixel lights people had were CCRs and a CCR had 50 pixels or 150 channels. The license now lists the CCRs and the Pixel count. 8 CCRs have 400 pixels, and 400 pixels have 1200 channels.

It does not matter if the channels are LOR channels or DMX channels. So in your case ignore the "CCR" thing and just look at the number of Pixels or channels. The 400 pixel license will support 1200 channels which is more than the 927 that you have so the 400 pixel license will work for you.

7 minutes ago, BrianBruderer said:

Back when superstar was first created the only pixel lights people had were CCRs and a CCR had 50 pixels or 150 channels. The license now lists the CCRs and the Pixel count. 8 CCRs have 400 pixels, and 400 pixels have 1200 channels.

It does not matter if the channels are LOR channels or DMX channels. So in your case ignore the "CCR" thing and just look at the number of Pixels or channels. The 400 pixel license will support 1200 channels which is more than the 927 that you have so the 400 pixel license will work for you.

Perfect. Thank you! I feel confident that I’ll be spending the right amount of money now.