Light-O-Rama Forums

Superstar Instant Sequencer

JoeyD

I want to use the Superstar Add on to instant sequence traditional LED light strings. I am unsure what licence level to buy. Would the 2CCR be okay since I wont be programming any pixels only light strings?

Edited by JoeyD

2 hours ago, JoeyD said:

I want to use the Superstar Add on to instant sequence traditional LED light strings. I am unsure what licence level to buy. Would the 2CCR be okay since I wont be programming any pixels only light strings?

Should be fine as long as you aren't using over 300 channels, that is you should be able to use 300 standard light strands since each CCR unit is 150 channels, each channel in a pixel is 1 for Red, 1 for Green and 1 for Blue which makes up in reality 3  channels x 50 pixels = 150 channels total.  I'm not really certain if each channel can be set for 3 strands of lights, as in 1 strand could be on the Red channel, another on the Green channel and the 3rd strand on the Blue channel, although I don't see why it couldn't. 

So a 2 CCR license for SS should give you 300 channels or enough for 300 individual light strands.   Having not used SS except for demo mode, I'm not very familiar if what I state is completely possible.     But I know others have used SS to sequence standard AC powered light strands, both L.E.D. and incandescent.   So I'd think this would be completely feasible.

Hopefully someone with more experience on how they used it in the manner you're wanting to do will chime in and let you know for sure.

From what I've played around with the SS Demo, I don't see why it couldn't do it.

Edited by Orville

Thanks Orville for your input, I'm still a newbie, not sure of I'll ever mess around with pixels but I like the idea of instantly sequencing unlimited tracks. I'm fine with just a simple set up with traditional strings of lights.

I have a lot of appreciation for people who but the time and money into the huge displays!

I try to help when I can, but having only the demo version of the SuperStar software, I don't get to really know it like I'd like too. Unfortunately I'd need a 40 CCR license since I have 1,500 pixels and that would cover 2,400 pixels.  But the cost of that license is out of my price point at the moment.  But I keep hoping I'll be able to get a SS License one day ro cover all the pixels I have.  Just hope it's sooner than later.

I just wish the SE had an automatic sequence option in it.   I know S5 has some more bells and whistles, and has something like an automatic sequencer {I think} but I just don't like it's size and format, I found it just too difficult for me to use, so I'm probably never going to use S5, will be at my current version I use listed under my avatar until I quit doing Christmas displays altogether.   And that may come sooner than I want due to my medical issues and age.   Being legally blind has its challenges and I've lost even more sight in my right eye recently, so things are getting harder and harder for me to see to do, but that's only a small part of my medical issues..

• The topic was locked