Light-O-Rama Forums

New Super Star upgrade

james morris

Is there a way you could get the image for gifs to be able to do more than one gif file at time I'm trying to in S4 be able to load two faces in image say 02 to 06 then be able to add another made face from 09 th 014  so I can have two faces for auto face not the default face but my own faces

I'm not sure I understand your question fully. You can only get one image at a time. But once you have all the ones you want you then you assign each image to one of the mouth positions.

Since you are using S4 you are probably using an older SSEdit.exe. If you send an email to me at brian@superstarlights.com I can get the most recent SSEdit.exe to you. It has some bug fixes and a few more abilities, but I don't think it does what you are wanting.

This is for auto face as I make mine on faces save them as a sup file to get two faces I have to make two face sequence then cut and past one on two the other one to get two faces one on top of the other

It would be easiest if I remote into your computer and I can see things first hand. Send me an email at brian@superstarlights.com and we can set up a day and time.

Brian

If you could add the feature that we have in SE for sequencing we would be able to get even better quality faces.

The option of being able to stop SS and work on an area as we go. Right now we almost have to guess and watch 8 seconds, copy paste and watch again to see if the copy was in the correct time. If given the ability to stop and adjust each movement when needed - now that would be a game changer. Especially for face sequences. 

I am aware that you have seen what James has been working on. Now my OCD takes over.

JR

You can currently stop anywhere and play for just a few seconds anywhere and nudge things as needed.

There is also a "pause" feature, you can click on the pause button that is just to the left of the "stop" button and then you can use the left and right arrow keys on the keyboard to single step through a sequence.

Please explain in more detail what it is you are wanting.

17 minutes ago, BrianBruderer said:

You can currently stop anywhere and play for just a few seconds anywhere and nudge things as needed.

There is also a "pause" feature, you can click on the pause button that is just to the left of the "stop" button and then you can use the left and right arrow keys on the keyboard to single step through a sequence.

Please explain in more detail what it is you are wanting.

OK, just had to look. Until my recent update to the latest SS version my pause button never worked. I had not updated SS in 2 years so not sure when it started working or if was just me but now it works.

With that working you are correct I can use the arrow buttons to scroll through the sequence when the pause button is enabled.

However I see no option of working within a selected area. For example, in SE I can select as large or small area that I wish. I understand some constraints in SS makes it so that we have to work within the viewing area. It would be great if we could select lets say a one second area of the viewing screen and be able to play and adjust only that segment.

When I depress the pause button and try to review changes it starts and plays through the area and will play until I stop it or it runs out of the sequencing grids or audio time.

I did forget another wish- to be able to have various degrees of shimmer to mimic the vibrato of a mouth movement as I do with my non RGB faces.

I greatly appreciate what you have done for us singing face sequencers. Crawl, walk and run. Baby steps and we can get there.

Thank you for the timely response.

JR

Brian let me add a note.

For faces the most crucial points are the very beginning and end of a word. This is why I would love to see the feature of being able to select and review an area that is selected. To not have a word start and stop on time is more critical in faces than just a light show.  .10 seconds off  isn't bad in a light show however .10 off would almost make a face sequence unbearable to view. Think of the old Chinese Kungfu movies that we may have grown up watching.

JR

For the shimmer in scenes there is an option to set the speed of the shimmer from 1-10. Does that do what you want?

As far as the ability to review a small portion, if it was made so you could highlight a portion of the time ruler and have it repeatedly play that portion, is that what you want?

Just now, BrianBruderer said:

For the shimmer in scenes there is an option to set the speed of the shimmer from 1-10. Does that do what you want?

As far as the ability to review a small portion, if it was made so you could highlight a portion of the time ruler and have it repeatedly play that portion, is that what you want?

Let me test the first question tomorrow.

Perfect would be a great reply for the second question.

James has done most of the grunt work.

Up until yesterday and upgrading SS and SE to the latest S4 version I was apprehensive and looking at Xlights to help with RGB "outside the box" faces. I was thinking Lyric Tracks were what may help but that would force me to 1- use xlights , 2- do at least 3 conversions to import to SS and then into SE, that's a lot of work. James figured it out without having to sing lyrics - he's discussed that with you so I wont touch on that, I will let you or him incorporate it into a reply to assist the others out there.

After James and I actually took the time to discuss the CCR faces in SS it has really peaked my interest and I was able to blend 3 faces narrator, Devil and Johnny into the SS ccr tree. All three appear at their perspective times and they look awesome. Tested on the physical tree tonight after setting it up.

Hats off to you for not leaving us SS users in the dark with the Auto Singing Faces. 

JR