Light-O-Rama Forums

Backup

DOC

I just upgraded to S5 pro. I had the S4 version made some sequences and now trying to figure out how to transfer my LOR sequences to my new computer that has the S5 software. 

Firstly let me say that S5 is a lot different to what you are used to in S4. There are a LOT of differences to get used to. You might want to consider staying with S4 for this season, which is almost upon us.

You will need to copy your S4 sequences to your new PC with an installed copy of S5, Copy your sequences to the Sequences folder, but they can be elsewhere. Don't forget the music files.

You will also need you S4 Visualizer file for the conversion.process. It is best if your visualizer file exactly matches your S4 sequence configuration.

The conversion will create a preview file which replaces the functionality of the Visualiser, and the system configuration.

Note that once you convert your files to S5 there is no way to go back, so make sure you keep your S4 backups.

I think there are some startup guides in the helpfile, and of course here in the forums.