Light-O-Rama Forums

SS Effect Playback on Half of Megatree

LightshowNoober

Hello everyone. 

I've got an issue w/ S5 and I'll try my best to explain it. I've also attached a file to see what it's doing. 

I have created a 180 megatree prop for my megatree. The megatree I have is a 180 degree tree, 16 strands w/ 100 pixels in each strand. I do have a pro license level. 

I created a sequence two years ago in SS and I used to export the intensity data into my S4 files but I know that S5 can do SS effects w/o doing the intensity data export and the effects ran fine during the show. 

When I'm in S5, and adding an effect to the megatree prop line, it will open Superstar (as normal). Once SS opens, I then open and click on the sequence that I want to have on that line and it inserts fine. The problem is w/ the playback on the viewer. All of the effects I created in the original SS file were done w/ the 100 pixel option and done in full mode. Using the insert SS effect in S5 gives a message that it changes everything w/ colors over 100 down to 100 and I"m not sure if this is why it only plays the effects on the upper half of the tree? Also, the configuration option in SS is not allowed when using the insert SS effect into S5

Any help would greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance! :)

Megatree S5 Issue.pdf

1 hour ago, LightshowNoober said:

Hello everyone. 

I've got an issue w/ S5 and I'll try my best to explain it. I've also attached a file to see what it's doing. 

I have created a 180 megatree prop for my megatree. The megatree I have is a 180 degree tree, 16 strands w/ 100 pixels in each strand. I do have a pro license level. 

I created a sequence two years ago in SS and I used to export the intensity data into my S4 files but I know that S5 can do SS effects w/o doing the intensity data export and the effects ran fine during the show. 

When I'm in S5, and adding an effect to the megatree prop line, it will open Superstar (as normal). Once SS opens, I then open and click on the sequence that I want to have on that line and it inserts fine. The problem is w/ the playback on the viewer. All of the effects I created in the original SS file were done w/ the 100 pixel option and done in full mode. Using the insert SS effect in S5 gives a message that it changes everything w/ colors over 100 down to 100 and I"m not sure if this is why it only plays the effects on the upper half of the tree? Also, the configuration option in SS is not allowed when using the insert SS effect into S5

Any help would greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance! :)

Megatree S5 Issue.pdf 220.11 kB · 2 downloads

Try this. Open Superstar like you normally would in S5. Insert your sequence. After inserting the sequence, go to file and click save as (in Superstar). Rename the sequence. Put a 1 or something at the end of the name and click save. Next go to edit and click select all. After clicking select all, click tools. Then click on move or scale selected effects. Your destination width should be 16. Leave that the same. Change your destination height to 100. If it is on 50 it will need to be changed to 100. Let us know if that works.

Edited by ebrown1972

1 hour ago, ebrown1972 said:

Try this. Open Superstar like you normally would in S5. Insert your sequence. After inserting the sequence, go to file and click save as (in Superstar). Rename the sequence. Put a 1 or something at the end of the name and click save. Next go to edit and click select all. After clicking select all, click tools. Then click on move or scale selected effects. Your destination width should be 16. Leave that the same. Change your destination height to 100. If it is on 50 it will need to be changed to 100. Let us know if that works.

Thanks Ebrown. Unfortunatley that didn't work. I think I did it correctly and here's a screen shot of the destination height and width. Any other thoughts? I think I could always run it as a sub-sequence, or export the intensity data once I've created playback files. I was hoping for an easier solution. 

Megatree S5 Issue1.pdf