Light-O-Rama Forums

Questions on Moving into the World of Pixels

jphauck

I am sorry of this question has been asked before, but I here it goes. First, some background. I have been using LOR for 5 years now. As many did, I started with 4 controllers and a lot of incandescent lights. The system has grown nicely as I wanted to do more and I expanded to 7 of the 16 channel standard controllers, plus last years i added 7 cosmic color flood lamps. Everything ran fantastic, my neighbors loved it and I drew quite the crowds. Now, I have relocated from California to Texas. A new home and time for something different to add.

At the sale before last I purchased 2 Plug and Show Pixel Trees plus 4 of the cosmic color strings with 100 pixels. Not sure what I am doing with the 100 pixels strings yet other than making some mini trees. 

My big question is how much effort, cost, challenges will have I have if I want to outline my gutters with pixels. I have about 100' of gutters to mount the lights on for street facing (with plans to eventually outline another 100 feet in the future plus the roof line. Also I am consider running 9 eight foot verticals at all the corners. I also want to build rigs to outline my windows which will leave me with some custom lengths of pixels. Maybe this is really easy to do, but I am anxious.

This is where I have no idea what I even need to buy. Can I do a 100' run of pixels? do I have to break it up?  Is this DIY or out of the box ready?

I love the decorating and set up and limited programming, but I would really love to simplify my power runs by doing this pixel run.

Guidance is welcome. A shopping list would be even better. 

Please help me take my display to the next level in my new home. I need the guidance. Worst case I repeat what I have done before with four strand of lights for each run.

Jim Hauck

Dallas, Texas

Jim, my mobile home is 66' long, and 2 strands of 50 pixel nodes {100 pixels in total} still didn't make it end to end on my roof line, I would say probably another 20-25 pixels would have covered my roof lines, yours being 100', I'm think probably the 100 pixels per side of the  Pixel Controller would work, probably 2 strands of 50 on one port and a 3rd strand {1 strand} of 50 on the 2nd port of the Pixel Controller may be enough to cover that 100' span.

• The topic was locked