Light-O-Rama Forums

HP Uptown Funk

Drac

5 hours ago, james morris said:

Im going to make it should have it end week

Send me a copy to please.  Thanks!  You should have my e-mail James, if not let me know.

The pixel tree is going to be Voldemort sing the song got that part done now to lms part cut last 45 sec off the song there telling who sang the song

11 hours ago, Drac said:

Did you get the song from iTunes or from video?

Probably NOT available at either, some of these parody songs can only be downloaded by either requesting it from the person that created it{if at all possible to get in touch with them, sometimes you can't} or by downloading it from YouTube using a video to MP3 YouTube converter program.  Of which there are a lot on the internet and cost is free. 

One I use whenever I absolutely can not find a song anywhere for sale, or it's no longer in "print" as they call it and no longer available for purchase, then I use a program called "aTube Catcher" and it allows downloading of videos, converts them to MP3 and works on a variation of different video sites as well.  Just search for "aTube Catcher" in a search engine and you'll find it. 

And if or when a song may come available for purchase, I will buy it, but in case it's not and I want to sequence it, this is how I get it. 

However, you will also need an audio editor such as "Audacity" to edit any MP3 files you get in this manner, as they may have extra criteria in there, narration after the song ends telling about the song or asking you to subscribe to their video channel, this can also come before the song, so things like these need to be edited out.  Audacity is also a free audio editor as well.

Good Luck and always buy the song provided it's available, but this is the next best method to get those that may not ever be available any other way.

I always try to unless someone has heavily modified it for sequencing such as made it PG or shortened it in the middle.

Surprisingly this one is on iTunes though.

Jim

9 hours ago, Drac said:

I always try to unless someone has heavily modified it for sequencing such as made it PG or shortened it in the middle.

Surprisingly this one is on iTunes though.

Jim

That's me, I am working on shortening this already.  Already have taken out a lot of the silent gaps at the beginning, end and other parts in the song.  Also working on cutting down the repetitive parts as well.  I also took out the "Slithering Wins" at the end of my first edits, but may opt to add it back in when I finalize and check the variations of edits I'm working on.  

I usually make numerous edits of a song and see which one I prefer that still sounds as close to the original as possible, but with heavy handed edits to shorten it.

I'm trying to get this down to around not more than 2 to 2-1/2 minutes if possible.  

4 minutes is just a tad too long for me, and I like to try and keep most songs I do now edited down to as short as I can get them, and still retain the song meaning and music flow to the original as much as possible.

• The topic was locked