Light-O-Rama Forums

Elusive pixels in scene in SS

jwblazek

I am resurrecting an older TSO sequence for my mega tree. Originally I had 12 strings, have 16 strings of 50. It scaled up OK, but as I go thru touching it up, came across several areas wherein a scene has some misplaced pixels and I can't find which scene they came from . Once I pause the sequence, I can see the issue but don't know where it is coming from and it will not allow me to edit in this paused mode. Going to the actual scene, it looks entirely different. Top photo is the way the problem looks n paused mode, and it does flash this as it plays. In stopped mode, scrolling over to same time frame, you can see what the scene looks like in the bottom picture. I want to get rid of the 10 pixels on the right in the top photo or conversely, fill them in horizontally

Tried uploading pics but getting warning I can only upload a total of 0 MB ! Tried .docx, .png, .pdf

Suggestions?

There are no pics and in SS it is fairly easy to delete parts in the menu and highlight what you want to delete.

Not sure why you can’t see it without pausing. Use the stop button.

Just stop the sequence where you need to edit.

Then delete what you want.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

Also, when scaling up I have never had to “touch up” anything.

Perhaps your original file got messed up along the way.

You May want to see if that’s the case.

JR

You can email the .sup file to brian@superstarlights.com and I will take a look at it. Also, tell me at what time in the sequence the the offending pixels occur.

Yes, know there are no pics, got an error message saying I can only upload 0MB. As soon as I stop (instead of pause) the screen with the issue goes away and no matter how I look for the pixels, can't find them

May be related to something else I am seeing or just noticed. In SS, doing a scene, selecting all back and TRANSPARENT then highlighting the field turns the grid from green to yellow. What does this do?

I got your files that you emailed.

At around the 12:90 mark, there is a long image that looks like there is nothing in it, but every other pixel has the blue element set to 1%. 1% is so dim you can't see it on the green grid. But as you mentioned, on the tree it shows up as black squares. He is using it as a mask so that only certain pixels show through from the other effects. It is indeed and unusual way to sequence.