Light-O-Rama Forums

Site Down Often Lately

dibblejr

Admin - Not sure if you are aware of this but for a few days I have been getting this error. Today was the longest so far. 

"An Error Occurred (Error 500)

We're sorry, but a temporary technical error has occurred which means we cannot display this site right now.

MySQL server has gone away

You can try again by clicking the button below, or try again later."

Just making you aware.

JR

3 minutes ago, LORAdmin said:

Forums or main website? (I assume forums, but have to ask.)

The forum.  I've seen it too...

16 minutes ago, LORAdmin said:

Forums or main website? (I assume forums, but have to ask.)

My apologies I should have made it clear- yes the forums.

JR

624490006_LORForumsdownat1630on02-27-2019.jpg.db5a9e1c1c24561eb1b6de0c4b1eb2a2.jpgHere's a screen shot, I had just typed in a reply, and this happened around 1630 hours {4:30pm for you folks that don't know military time}.  It happened right after I hit the button to "Submit Reply". so that reply went off into never-never land, never to be seen again.

EDIT: Tried to attach a screen shot of the page that come up, but it's not working for some reason.  Says it was uploaded, but the photo preview before submitting, and after hitting Save nothing there but a broken link icon shows up. If you tell it to add it to the post, if you just leave it, it never shows up.   Never did this before and I cleared all my previous attachments so I could post this one..

But when you click Try Again, you just get the same page again, tried for about 3-5 minutes to see if the forum would come back, then gave up.

Weird, did a 2nd Edit and it showed up and I was able to insert it below, forum is sure acting odd these last few days.  As I've gotten this numerous times over the last few days, the screen shot below that is.

624490006_LORForumsdownat1630on02-27-2019.jpg.db5a9e1c1c24561eb1b6de0c4b1eb2a2.jpg

Edited by Orville

Today I type in light o rama forum in firefox go to page no forum home page any where had to go light o rama main page ang get access from there

I've been getting these too the last few days.  See screen shots of forum.  It comes up like this most often from clicking on the "Go To Post" option in the e-mail you get from the forum areas.  These are SMALL {had to shrink them to upload them here}, compared to how it looks when the forum comes up like the screen shots below.  And sometimes you never see the message, other times you may see the message but it's under the large Avatar of the person who posted and not across the screen as it usually would show.    I would sometime wait a few minutes, try again, get the same thing again, sometimes it corrected after about 7-10 minutes, sometimes a lot longer before the forum was back to normal.  Any seeing this issue as well when accessing the forums?   And yes, sometimes coming directly to the forums this happens as well.

What forum looked like at 1652_02-27-2019.JPG

What the forum looked like a minute later {2nd attempt to access}.JPG

Edited by Orville

FYI:  We did push an update to the Forum software yesterday that should take care of the 400/500 errors.  

tried to get to light o rama fourm today from yahoo.com home typed light o rama fourm drought up page to choose what you wanted no fourm anyware hade to pick light o rama hpme page access fourm form there this ios getting crazy

tried it again typed light o rama not light o rama fourm got acess to fourm note did the same in crome and inter explorer form home pages no fourm on the page

1 minute ago, james morris said:

tried it again typed light o rama not light o rama fourm got acess to fourm note did the same in crome and inter explorer form home pages no fourm on the page

I use google when I don't have my link open or email.

You are correct about Yahoo.

Still no phone! 😧

JR

I have not seen any of the errors mentioned here.  My links stay with me no matter where I am logged in from.      

The search results are not related to any formatting issues on the site.    Try   lightorama forum  instead of light o rama fourm

Edited by ItsMeBobO

I use bookmarks for all my regular sites. That is when I saw the SQL server error.

FWIW Orville, ABC bayarea (ch7) was doing your trick yesterday. I think it is caused by a missing stylesheet (CSS)

2 hours ago, ItsMeBobO said:

I have not seen any of the errors mentioned here.  My links stay with me no matter where I am logged in from.      

The search results are not related to any formatting issues on the site.    Try   lightorama forum  instead of light o rama fourm

👍 There are bad folk that take advantages of typos of commonly visited sites to purvey p0ron and other nasties.

Bookmark sights you visit frequently. STAY SAFER, Typos on our part do happen..

SOME OF THE BAD SITES LOOK VERY CLOSE TO THE REAL ONE, EXCEPT THEY JUST GOT YOUR LOGON AND PASSWORD. That is why some banks have gone to a 2 step logon.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ItsMeBobO said:

I only come here by a BOOKMARKED link or via the "Go to this Post" clickable button in the forum e-mails I receive.  I never have to type in the link, so no mistakes on my part.  And the errors I posted came from using BOTH my Bookmarked Link and by clicking the button in the forum e-mails.   And I verify the e-mail is correct, even before I open the content to read it.  As sometimes nasty little scammers get in with a junk/spam/phishing message between them at times.  So I always verify any e-mail I open, but I have gotten those errors coming from a direct bookmarked link, and again via the "Go to this Post"" option in the e-mail from the forum itself.

And yes, I have even gotten all of these as well coming directly from the actual Light-O-Rama main site itself and clicking the Forum option.

BTW: I also clear out all my cache's and history in my browser too,  because many times your browser may use a CACHED page, and even though the forum may have been corrected, if you don't clear your browser, this could also cause these issues to still be coming up.

Since DevMike says they did an upgrade or update to the forums, haven't seen this error again, at least not as yet.  Not saying it still won't happen, but it was becoming a common thing almost daily with the SQL missing page showing up and not able to access the forums.

Thus far, seems the update/upgrade has fixed that issue.  Don't know about the weird one with the emoji's as that one isn't that often, I may see that happen perhaps once every few months or so, so will just have to wait that one out and see it it crops up again at some point.

Guess you've been lucky Bob and missed all the errors and forum being down that others of us have been getting when coming here.

• The topic was locked