Light-O-Rama Forums

SS Error with S5 - Maximum Node Width?

Bbarton

I have an issue with Superstar through S5 and wonder if anyone else has had this problem.   I created a group 6 arches and 5 firesticks with stars on  top running off one of our pixie 16s.

In S5, the group is set to horizontal stack and when I go into superstar, it tells me there is a maximum width of 360 nodes.  Is this a licensing issue or a limit within SS itself?  I don't mind to upgrade the license but want to be sure that is the problem and not a limitation with the software visualizing my setup.

I'm  running S5 pro with 16CCR license for SS. It is still at the 16 CCR limit, but have to use horizontal stack for the preview to look correct in the visualizer on SS.

Any thoughts?

This is not a license issue.

Superstar has a grid size limit of 360x360.

In cases like yours, I would do the following:

1) create a new group and name it "Arches".

2) Start out just adding 2 arches to the group and set the arrangement to "horizontal stack align bottoms" or "horizontal stack align tops"

3) save the group and the Preview and do "insert superstar effect" on the group named "Arches". Confirm they are laid out end to end in one long row

4) add the rest of the arches and do "insert superstar effect" on the group and confirm it lays out in one low row. As long as the row is 360 pixels or less it should work

5) create another group called "firestick1" and set the arrangement to "vertical stack". You should be able to arrange the firestrick with a start at the top

6) do the same for firestick 2 through 5

7) create a group called "firesticks" and set the arrangement to "horizontal stack align bottoms" and add all the firesticks to the group

8  Do "insert superstar effect" on the firesticks group and make sure it is laid out how you want

9) make another group and name it something like "everything" and set the arrangedment to "vertical stack" and put "arches" and "firesticks" in the group

10) do "insert supestar effect" and confirm it is laid out the way you want.

Note that the above is just a suggestion, you can lay it out differently, but the above serves as an example of how you can create groups with different arrangements to stack things however you want. 

Thanks for the explanation.  I did as you suggested and now received this error:  Channel map exceeds65535, setting channel map to 65535

Then it opens with just a grid, no prop previews. If I change to a floating window it looks correct but I am not able to add any effect because I get the same error above.

In each group, I see individual arches and individual firesticks.

Thanks for any help!

Beth

No, I did not get the error with all six arches.  They look correct all in a row and laid out just as they were in the preview.  Also, the group firesticks with the star on top look correct as laid out in the preview, too.  It is just when I combine the groups together.  With using vertical stack on the groups like suggested, I no longer get the error message. 

Are you saying that it is working now?

The idea is that by building it piece by piece you can more easily make sure that the grid does not exceed 360x360.

Well, it sorta worked.  It worked in the sense that I did not exceed the 360x360 but now I get the error about channel map.  If you okay the error message, SS does open up and it does give a preview like it should; however, in the sequencing grid, there are tic marks that look to show correct bulb count, but there are no actual grid sections that you can click on to add an effect.  I have attached a screen capture of what I actually see now.

image.thumb.png.2d61c4f199258acc8b2224141e745ad7.png

You should not be getting the channel map error. Send an email to brian@superstarlights.com and I can arrange a time for me to remote into your computer and see first hand what is happening.