Light-O-Rama Forums

Looking to buy a USB-RS485 adapter

bryan.hurley5

Hey everyone,

Does anyone have a adapter or adapter with booster available to sell to me? I moved to Italy due to being in the military and accidently left mine in storage. I have a military post box so shipping would be the same to any US address and I will pay the cost. Thanks very much! I need to show these Italians how we do it in America :)

Bryan

43 minutes ago, jerry72 said:

For what boards? I have a renard usb to 485

Sorry, should have stated that. It will be for a LOR Cmb24d. 

11 hours ago, bryan.hurley5 said:

Sorry, should have stated that. It will be for a LOR Cmb24d. 

Cant help ya, sorry bud.

3 hours ago, jerry72 said:

Cant help ya, sorry bud.

Glad to see you back here , Jerry. Hopefully recovery is going better than expected/

JR

LOR will not send to an APO/FPO?  They don't even have to do Customs paperwork. They do have to use US Snail

Edited by TheDucks

1 minute ago, TheDucks said:

LOR will not send to an APO/FPO?  They don't even have to do Customs paperwork. They do have to use US Snail

They may have to declare all of the packing peanuts they use though. LOL

I received some replacement ccrs yesterday and I had just removed my arm braces. Those peanuts kept sticking to my arms,. I ended up getting the shop vac to get the off me.

JR

Just now, dibblejr said:

They may have to declare all of the packing peanuts they use though. LOL

I received some replacement ccrs yesterday and I had just removed my arm braces. Those peanuts kept sticking to my arms,. I ended up getting the shop vac to get the off me.

JR

They need one of those Air Pillow machines like Amazon uses.  Styrofoam anything is considered trash in my recycle active state.

On 1/11/2019 at 3:34 PM, dibblejr said:

Glad to see you back here , Jerry. Hopefully recovery is going better than expected/

JR

PT guys says I am progressing well. Out of the chair and walking with a cane. I figure another month and wont need to cane anymore. Thank you.

On 1/11/2019 at 4:02 PM, TheDucks said:

They need one of those Air Pillow machines like Amazon uses.  Styrofoam anything is considered trash in my recycle active state.

Packing peanuts need to be banned just for the mess they make

On 1/11/2019 at 6:56 PM, TheDucks said:

We do send to APO/FPO.  Frequently.

On 1/11/2019 at 7:02 PM, TheDucks said:

They need one of those Air Pillow machines like Amazon uses

We have one.  Or at least we have one of those 'crumpled paper' machines.  I kid with them ALL the time about the peanuts.  I have boxes of them that one day I will ship back and make Mary dig through only to find NOTHING in them :P.

We don't get a lot of shipping problems, but I always find it funny when we get a disgruntled person complain that we need to pack things BETTER.  Everything we sell comes wrapped in at least one or two layers of bubble wrap, then an inner box, sometimes ANOTHER layer of bubble wrap, and then in higher then normal quality box with at least 5000 cubic feet (or so it seems) of peanuts.  UPS still destroys them :P

We reuse any packing materials we receive, so we don't ever throw them away.  If I am not mistaken, most The UPS store and Kinko's locations will accept them.  

Frankly, I don't know how Amazon gets away with so LITTLE packaging in their boxes.  9 times out of 10, there are  2 air pillows in there when it needed like 20.   It may be with their volume that it is cheaper to replace slightly more stuff damaged in transit than pack things correctly.

Here is a hint about unpacking our boxes:  Do it UPSIDE DOWN.  We typically put the shipping label on the 'top' of the box.  Flip the box over when you open it.  You should only find a SMALL layer of peanuts then your contents.  Slowly removing one or two things should then give you enough room in the box to dig for the other stuff in it.  If you go in from the top, that is where we packed the peanuts in from - which could be a ton to take up the extra volume.

I personally love to open the box and dig through all the packing to find things. The dogs go nuts chasing peanuts. The cats do too. 

8 hours ago, dansamy said:

I personally love to open the box and dig through all the packing to find things. The dogs go nuts chasing peanuts. The cats do too. 

Those peanuts always stick to my arm braces, static I guess so takes me a while to get them off.

The last time I ordered from the LOR team I slid the cccr ribbons out and at the same time slid the old ones in and shipped them right back. I was a mess.

I can see the dogs and cats having a blast though. LOL

JR

• The topic was locked