Light-O-Rama Forums

Where to buy LED?

NV1985

I want to replace my red, green, and multi color lights with LED.  I was hoping to grab some after Christmas for sale but shelves were empty by like 7am! 😮

Any suggestions where to get some bulk lights at a discount? 

Thank you! 

pickings were very slim around here after Christmas as well...

we are slowly upgrading to the professional sealed LEDs. They are quite a bit more expensive but should hold up much better as well. http://www.holiday-light-express.com is a good source and where we have lights from and will be getting more from them. They have a great warranty on the lights also! We had to have a bunch replaced and it was no problem at all and it was our fault that the lights went bad...

• Thanks 1

Home Depot went 50% off the week before Christmas.

HD and Big Lots seem to have the best over the counter LED strings and easy to cut to 33-35 light sections. (7 feet)

Lowes LEDs a re terrible quality. Wal-Mart is not much better.

"I was hoping to grab some after Christmas for sale but shelves were empty by like 7am!"

That's what happens when they start putting out Valentine's stuff the week before Christmas. 

creativedisplays.com sent an email stating their 40% off sale prices are in effect.

I've been real happy with their leds.  Paul sold the business and is now under new ownership.

8 hours ago, Dave Pursel said:

Paul sold the business and is now under new ownership.

i didn't know that. I hope the new owner keeps the high standards of awesome products and customer service. I think that was Paul's passion.

I've been buying from him since 2006 and always happy with their products and customer service.

We will see...

Edited by Santas Helper

7 hours ago, Santas Helper said:

i didn't know that. I hope the new owner keeps the high standards of awesome products and customer service

The new owner posted this on Planet Christmas last year. http://forums.planetchristmas.com/index.php?/forums/topic/60257-new-ownership-creative-displays-inc/&tab=comments#comment-655064

Tom

37 minutes ago, TBS99 said:

Thanks Tom. That probably should have been sent in an email to their customers on their email list instead of a forum since some of us don't go to PC like we used to. 

• Like 1

With a display full of rgb lighting produces, this will be my first purchase of led strings and will be going with Holiday Lights Express shortly.

BTW, seems the trend is for retailers to start discountingchrismtas items, well before christmas.  Might not be the rock bottom prices you see after christmas but yuou would at least have product to buy instead of looking at bare after  christmas shelves.

• The topic was locked