Light-O-Rama Forums

MP3 director

Buck268

I have had the showtimes central director for a few years now. I've been trying to create new song sequences using beat wizard. I don't want anything fancy just new music. I have purchased the songs and tried to create and SD but, I get music and no light effects.

Is there anyone out there willing to help me take this next step?

You need sequence and music and properly configured controllers to get lights blinking to music.

You do not mention any sequences.

Youve been asking the same question since 2015.

Were you ever successful at getting lights?

JR

Edited by dibblejr

13 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

You need sequence and music and properly configured controllers to get lights blinking to music.

You do not mention any sequences.

Youve been asking the same question since 2015.

Were you ever successful at getting lights?

JR

I wanted to use the beat wizard to make it quick and easy. I thought that when I bring in the music in SE and select 16 channel, beat wizard that would be pretty much it. Then I used HUB to download to the SD card.I've been playing the LOR SD card I bought with the system for all these years.

43 minutes ago, Buck268 said:

I wanted to use the beat wizard to make it quick and easy. I thought that when I bring in the music in SE and select 16 channel, beat wizard that would be pretty much it.

If I am understanding what you are saying, the answer is no.  Beat Wizard does not automatically create sequences for you.  It just creates timings which then allows you to sequence to the musical beats.

2 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

If I am understanding what you are saying, the answer is no.  Beat Wizard does not automatically create sequences for you.  It just creates timings which then allows you to sequence to the musical beats.

Is anyone willing to give me a few minutes to straighten me out? I know I'm missing 1 simple key and it's been haunting me for all these years.

From your previous posts you only have one CTB16 controllers and a mini director or Director of Some sort.

You are using an LOR SD card and it works.

That tells me your controller is probably unit 1.

Open SE

Think of every little block as a light. When you color a block the light turn on in that particular channel/ prop.

I am taking a break from all things sequencing spending a few more days with my boys while they are out of school.

If you can’t get anywhere shoot me a pm next week and I will try to help.

What you may need to help you is a vis.

What props do you have lights on?

Do you have a pic of your home from the street view.

Though I’m not Sequencing I can help you by making you a vis.

Then every time you turn on a square or group of squares you can see what it does and looks like.

Make a list of what you have, get a pic and pm me, I will send you my email address.

I can also send you one of several 100 sequences we share.

Do you do Halloween or just Christmas?

JR

21 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

From your previous posts you only have one CTB16 controllers and a mini director or Director of Some sort.

You are using an LOR SD card and it works.

That tells me your controller is probably unit 1.

Open SE

Think of every little block as a light. When you color a block the light turn on in that particular channel/ prop.

I am taking a break from all things sequencing spending a few more days with my boys while they are out of school.

If you can’t get anywhere shoot me a pm next week and I will try to help.

What you may need to help you is a vis.

What props do you have lights on?

Do you have a pic of your home from the street view.

Though I’m not Sequencing I can help you by making you a vis.

Then every time you turn on a square or group of squares you can see what it does and looks like.

Make a list of what you have, get a pic and pm me, I will send you my email address.

I can also send you one of several 100 sequences we share.

Do you do Halloween or just Christmas?

JR

I've been keeping it simple as far as Christmas light set up. Been switching everything to LED. I'll shoot you a PM and when your free get into the details.

For the most part I have things broken up into 4 different groups.  

resized.jpg

Ok, not quite the pic I was looking for, just a normal no lights pic

But I see you have

- arches

- mega tree

- outline

whats the 4th group

JR

OK, I think I am now as confused as JR.  Based on your previous posts in this group, I thought you were running something pretty simple with likely a single 16 channel controller.  Based on that photo, that does not appear to be the case.  So let's go back to the beginning so we can avoid a bunch of apparently incorrect assumptions.  Please answer these questions:

1)  Tell us how many and what kind of controllers you have?

2)  What kind of director are you using?

3)  I am assuming that the photo was from a running show.  Where did that sequence come from?  In other words, is this something that you created or did you purchase it.  If purchased, did it come already pre-loaded on the SD card for the Director, or did it come as .lms file (or files)  that you loaded some while ago onto a SD card for a Director?

4) Do you have a listing of your channel assignments that you can include?  What I'm looking for is something like this:

Controller 01, Channel 01 = Arch 1 segment 1

Controller 01, Channel 02 = Arch 1 segment 2

Controller 01, Channel 03 = Arch 1 segment 3

Controller 01, Channel 04 = Arch 1 segment 4

Controller 01, Channel 05 = Arch 2 segment 1

Controller 01, Channel 06 = Arch 2 segment 2

Controller 01, Channel 07 = Arch 2 segment 3

Controller 01, Channel 08 = Arch 2 segment 4

Etc.

That's a good start...

K6CCC. - Jim

I read almost all of his posts from 2015.

I think he has only 1 CTB16

Not sure what director

The sequence in pic I am assuming based on previous history it is the one that comes with the starter kit and probably not editable.

Between the two of us I’m sure we can get him tutorial on sequencing. In the past it appears he got very little help.

JR

1 hour ago, k6ccc said:

OK, I think I am now as confused as JR.  Based on your previous posts in this group, I thought you were running something pretty simple with likely a single 16 channel controller.  Based on that photo, that does not appear to be the case.  So let's go back to the beginning so we can avoid a bunch of apparently incorrect assumptions.  Please answer these questions:

1)  Tell us how many and what kind of controllers you have?

2)  What kind of director are you using?

3)  I am assuming that the photo was from a running show.  Where did that sequence come from?  In other words, is this something that you created or did you purchase it.  If purchased, did it come already pre-loaded on the SD card for the Director, or did it come as .lms file (or files)  that you loaded some while ago onto a SD card for a Director?

4) Do you have a listing of your channel assignments that you can include?  What I'm looking for is something like this:

Controller 01, Channel 01 = Arch 1 segment 1

Controller 01, Channel 02 = Arch 1 segment 2

Controller 01, Channel 03 = Arch 1 segment 3

Controller 01, Channel 04 = Arch 1 segment 4

Controller 01, Channel 05 = Arch 2 segment 1

Controller 01, Channel 06 = Arch 2 segment 2

Controller 01, Channel 07 = Arch 2 segment 3

Controller 01, Channel 08 = Arch 2 segment 4

Etc.

That's a good start...

Here's the controller I have:

1. ShowTime Central 16 channel 

2. miniDirector and FM Transmitter

3. Choose the Optional Plug-n-Show SD card and you have a ready to go light show. No programming or PC required at all. SD includes 6 songs including: Jingle Bells, We Wish You a Merry Christmas, Up on the Housetop, House on Christmas Street and more.

4. I have my arches set up as you described, each arch has 8 sets of lights using 4 channels. The tree is set up the same way, each stand is it's own channel. 

The light segments are something I can work on. My biggest issue is taking the music I bought and use the wizard or what ever I need to (do an auto tempo to light conversion) and downloaded to an SD card to plug and play. I'm not worried about getting into custom programing until I get this figured out.  

OK, it sounds like you need to learn how to sequence.  There is nothing automatic with sequencing.  That is far more involved than a few forum posts.  Start by going to the top of the forum and click on FAQ's - **LOOK HERE**  On the resulting dropdown menu, select the 4th item - Video Tutorials.  There are a bunch of video tutorials.  Start with the first one.  Then go from there.

1 minute ago, k6ccc said:

OK, it sounds like you need to learn how to sequence.  There is nothing automatic with sequencing.  That is far more involved than a few forum posts.  Start by going to the top of the forum and click on FAQ's - **LOOK HERE**  On the resulting dropdown menu, select the 4th item - Video Tutorials.  There are a bunch of video tutorials.  Start with the first one.  Then go from there.

Exactly what I told him- he’s over thinking this.

Hopefully he has time during days at 1:30 my time starting next week back to

sequencing in the car waiting for boys

JR

Buck, you might want to check this out as well.  George has been used by many people to learn or improve sequencing.

• Like 1

After spending about an hour on the phone with dibblejr I'm now able to create my own sequences. After all these years, I now have new songs for my neighbors to listen to. It's funny how one little thing can get you wrapped around the axle. 

Still got lots to learn but, thanks to dibblejr I'm on my way...………………...

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Buck268 said:

After spending about an hour on the phone with dibblejr I'm now able to create my own sequences. After all these years, I now have new songs for my neighbors to listen to. It's funny how one little thing can get you wrapped around the axle. 

Glad JR could get your eyes opened!

12 hours ago, Buck268 said:

My pleasure. Any time.

JR

• Like 1