Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequencing help

HSSUSC

This was my first year doing an animated show. I placed my first orders on November 9th and had the show running Dec. 8th. Yes, I was amazed I got it up and running in such a short time, too!

However, I took a LOT of shortcuts just to get the blinky-flashy things working. I figured sequencing would take the longest (I figured right), but didn't have the time to do it from scratch. I bought some commercial sequences and borrowed a couple others. Used S5 to set up Preview, hardware, network, Show Editor/Scheduler, etc. Everything is Okey Dokey.  Yes the lights all worked, singing faces were synchronized, megatree was BRIGHT (need to work on intensities...), and the show looked pretty decent to the layperson. Show went on without (many) hitches, many compliments, and no complaining neighbors (so far).

Now that Christmas is over I am trying to work on fine tuning sequences for next year. I know eventually I will be making sequences from the ground up. But, for now, I'm trying to use canned or shared sequences to get the feel for it. I must be missing something because I haven't been able to find any info on this (that usually tells me I'm overthinking something and overlooking something very basic). When I open a sequence (canned or shared) the grid view is populated with the props and groups from the original sequence PLUS my props and groups. So if I have 80+ props and it adds the original 64+ props, it gets a little confusing. Sometimes S5 puts the sequencing on an ORIGINAL prop, sometimes on MY prop (it seems random). I know I should try to cut and paste from the original to my props. How do I match up the original props to my props? Where do I go from this point?!?!

Thank you in advance,

Chris

Holiday Sights and Sounds USC

https://www.facebook.com/HSSUSC

• The topic was locked