Light-O-Rama Forums

Controllers not detected in HU

hope4ia

Yesterday I upgraded to S5 and after not being able to get my show to work went back to S4. At 450 am this morning the lights connected to box 1 came on by themselves.  Now when trying to detect boxes it isn't detecting all of them and/or detect ones that don't exist.  

I have uninstalled and reinstalled S4 and unplugged Cat5 cable and they continue to turn on and boxes aren't detected. 

Any suggestions would be helpful!

When you go from S5 back to S4 you must COMPLETELY remove any traces of S5. This inclueds the LOR folder in your computers programs folder and a registry wipe. Any traces of S5 will cause issues when going back to S4.

49 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

When you go from S5 back to S4 you must COMPLETELY remove any traces of S5. This inclueds the LOR folder in your computers programs folder and a registry wipe. Any traces of S5 will cause issues when going back to S4.

I was reading that but couldn't find the registry wipe.  How/where do I find it?

2 hours ago, Mr. P said:

I have done a registry wipe and still have no control.  I have updated all the firmware.  The lights continue to go off an on when not even hooked up to a network.  I am getting error messages:  Serial event error poll type 41 and 49, subscript out of range.

Try ONE cable and ONE  CONTROLLER

one controller and only one cable at a time. if you get a working controller & cable, ONLY switch the cable, to another one, try again, keep testing ONLY THE CABLES (one at a time), with the same controller.... TRUST ME, THERE IS A REASON I AM GOING THIS ROUTE.

I am going to guess that you have a bad cable.

54 minutes ago, a31ford said:

Try ONE cable and ONE  CONTROLLER

one controller and only one cable at a time. if you get a working controller & cable, ONLY switch the cable, to another one, try again, keep testing ONLY THE CABLES (one at a time), with the same controller.... TRUST ME, THERE IS A REASON I AM GOING THIS ROUTE.

I am going to guess that you have a bad cable.

Agree; Bad Cable or bad connector.  same result: No connection

• The topic was locked