Light-O-Rama Forums

Show Shutdown hanging

Kaje

Starting last night (in Christmas light crunch time) the scheduler is hanging in show shutdowns.

Log files shows:

"7:00:00 PM: Current show is entering shutdown mode"

Then it just hangs...I have to disable shows immediately and then Enable schedule to get it going again.  Happens at every show transition.

None of my shows have a shutdown sequence (never have).

Any clues?

Ken J.

LOR 5.2.2; Pro license

I just saw another post from DevMike saying that you might try making sure all of your sequences are compressed as that can sometimes fix some issues.

Yeah, saw that post...as far as a I know I'm saving in compressed.  Honestly I can't find the setting.

All I know is my sequences are all in S5 ".loredit" format and I create Playback files.  Load those into the show and kerplewie...err I mean "hang" at show shutdown request.

Ken J.

3 minutes ago, Kaje said:

Yeah, saw that post...as far as a I know I'm saving in compressed.  Honestly I can't find the setting.

All I know is my sequences are all in S5 ".loredit" format and I create Playback files.  Load those into the show and kerplewie...err I mean "hang" at show shutdown request.

Ken J.

In S4 Use Compressed sequences is a tick item on the control panel in the tool tray

In S5 there is no 'tick item' for compressed and using enhanced networks (which I am) Mike says it doesn't make a difference (ie assume it happens by default).

I will continue to trouble shoot the hanging on shutdown of a show.  I have recreated the shows from scratch, rebooted, and am now awaiting the hour mark for the end of the last show.

Ken J.

S5 compressed 'tick item' is in the toolbar, and it was 'ticked' for compressed so that wasn't my issue.

I rebooted, reloaded the scheduler and am running a test now...seems to be working.

My gut hunch is when I do a bunch of stuff in the S5 sequencer, show editor, scheduler, etc. I have to reboot before doing the show for the night.  That there is some type of memory leak or conflict occurring.

thx,

Ken J.

It is taking S5 from 3 to 9 minutes to shutdown a show.  As I do shows starting every hour (on the hour) this causes a problem in the previous show shutting down and the next one starting up on the hour.

I did it this way in S4 for two years with no issue...I consider this a bug in S5.

My work around is one mega show with fillers timed perfectly  for the hour start...very frustrating.

Ken J.

Any luck? I'm having the same issue. I didn't have any issues with my Halloween display. The 1st few nights of my Christmas display were also OK. Then I had problems with one channel staying on after the shutdown and the overnight show started. Now all my channels stay on after shutdown and don't turn off. I'm running S5 as well. Anybody out there have any advice? My show runs till 9 and has a shutdown clip with the "turn lights off" checked in the shutdown. @ 9 my overnight show starts which only has a few channels on or dimmed and that is scheduled till 7am. Anyway, at the 9 oclock shutdown the lights won't turn off when complete.

Not sure if this can help, I created a shutdown animation file, it has the lights from the last show ON and then I just turn them off.  The animation is only a minute long, you can always trim it down to 30 seconds or so.  There is also the item under Control Lights, Turn lights off when playback stops, I had to uncheck this in order for my Tune to sign to stay on in between songs.