Light-O-Rama Forums

RGB singing light bulbs

tbuff23

14 minutes ago, tbuff23 said:

V4.3.34 PRO is what I am running do I need to change it? I run the HU and it states found 0 units.

Is the LED on the controller steady?

Are you sure your on the right com port

1 hour ago, tbuff23 said:

The lights are blinking com port 4 is what it reads Aux A 

Blinking says the Adapter is not enabled or the cable is not connected.   Are you sure about Com4?   (FWIW mine are Com13 and Co14.  I have use various serial converters (which reserved lower numbers) and my Laptop has a builtin Modem on COM3)

Is the Comm Listener running .??

Max ID is set for FO

F0 is way higher than all but the biggest show would use. 20 would be 32 ID's, if what you listed (and you assigned sequentially) 0F should find all

59 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

F0 is way higher than all but the biggest show would use. 20 would be 32 ID's, if what you listed (and you assigned sequentially) 0F should find all

1 hour ago, TheDucks said:

Blinking says the Adapter is not enabled or the cable is not connected.   Are you sure about Com4?   (FWIW mine are Com13 and Co14.  I have use various serial converters (which reserved lower numbers) and my Laptop has a builtin Modem on COM3)

Is the Comm Listener running .??

HU asks if I want to turn it off then it intlizes after it runs it says no controllers found.

54 minutes ago, tbuff23 said:

HU asks if I want to turn it off then it intlizes after it runs it says no controllers found.

Yo have to get that LED to be steady. Something is wrong with your choice of Com  or your cabling

12 hours ago, TheDucks said:

That would take a LONG time to search for only a few controllers.  I have 9 controllers in total, 4 on Regular and 5 on Aux A.  I have my Max ID set for 1 controller higher than what I have, 0A {10 Controllers}.  This way it doesn't take forever and a day to find just a few controllers. 

I'd set that Max ID down to just slightly above the number of controllers you have, 1 to 5 higher than you have is good, this allows room to add controllers without needing to change things as your display grows, then once you reach or get close to that number, increase it up a few more controllers. 

Believe me, it'll save time and the HWU won't have to search every ID for controllers that aren't there.

As for your comm ports, Comm4 is Aux A, what Comm port is your regular network set to?  I have Regular on Comm3, and my Aux A is on Comm4.  And I just noticed the OP says he has the black adapter set to 500K, I do not believe the black adapters are capable of anything above 115K.  So if the black adapters can't do 500K, you need to set the speed back down to 115K for the Gen2 Controller, the Gen3 and Pixels can run at 500K and enhanced.  The Gen2 can not. 

And this could be your issue if the black adapter is still set at 500K speed, I don't think they were designed for that speed, not sure if their circuitry is capable of that throughput. 

And they weren't designed for Enhanced either, as far as I'm aware only the red High Speed adapter is capable of this speed and enhanced mode, otherwise I wouldn't see a need for LOR to develop a HS Adapter for the new Gen 3 Controllers and Pixel Controllers with these options.

Edited by Orville

Looking at the CL it is saying error opening 8: LOR AUXA ERROR opening comm port  5 network configuration is COM 4 AUXA

is the CCPI AND CCPII comparable with the red adapter? 

Thanks,

18 minutes ago, tbuff23 said:

is the CCPI AND CCPII comparable with the red adapter? 

Yes.

Not sure I understand the CL error message.  Sounds like a misconfiguration in Network Preferences.  Try to exit LOR Control Panel and run the Network Preferences from either the start menu or a desktop icon (if you have one).  Then restart the Control Panel.  See if that helps.

6 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

Yes.

Not sure I understand the CL error message.  Sounds like a misconfiguration in Network Preferences.  Try to exit LOR Control Panel and run the Network Preferences from either the start menu or a desktop icon (if you have one).  Then restart the Control Panel.  See if that helps.

That message MIGHT mean you clicked the button in HU which then made Com5 'Regular.  NO is your answer. Use HU just to discover and test (No need to click Yes).

I ran it from the start menu it is set for comm  port 4 at the end of CL it is now reading COM4 opened as AUXA with speed 500k. The light on the controller is still blinking.

2 hours ago, tbuff23 said:

I ran it from the start menu it is set for comm  port 4 at the end of CL it is now reading COM4 opened as AUXA with speed 500k. The light on the controller is still blinking.

If you're trying to run a show, it won't work until you have the Regular Network set, if you have set it to Aux A as the port to run your shows, this may be why you're having issues.  And if your CTB16PC or other controllers are on a Regular Network and NOT on Aux A, they won't be found either. 

The same goes with what's on Aux A won't be found on the Regular Network.   You can only access those controllers that are ON THAT particular network, you can't access them all at one time over different networks, it doesn't work that way.

My 4 CTB16PC's are on Comm3, Regular, 115K black USB RS485B adapter, my 5 CCB-100 RGB Controllers are on Aux A, Comm4, 500K, Enhanced Network.  Comm3, Regular is the port used to run my shows, if I use Comm4, Aux A as the port to run shows, my CTB16PC controllers won't be found or work in a show or even in a sequence.

If I am on Comm4 to access the RGB Controllers, it will not locate or access my CTB16PC Controllers, if I am on the Regular Network {Comm3}, it will access my 4 CTB16PC Controllers and NOT my RGB Controllers.  

If they are all on the same network it will find all of them, but if any of them have the same ID numbers {CTB16PC 01 and  RGB Controller 01}  and being different controller types, that's going to create a mess too, as both controllers, even though different types, will try to control whatever is on Channel one with Unit ID 01 for example..

And I'm beginning to think this is where your problems may be coming from, by one of these issues.   Since we can't be at your computer while you're doing this, we really have no idea what you are actually doing or have answered something the software asked and you gave it a Yes answer that perhaps should have been No.  And so, any of this could possibly be the culprit creating your issues.

Edited by Orville

HU is a simple utility that works at the PER Network Level for troubleshooting and configuring at the NETWORK level

My Regular (Com13, Black,115k) has all my Dumb (AC, DC) controllers. My AuxA (Com14, Red), 500k has my 2  Pixie4's

Draw your network layout out on paper for next year. Label stuff (ID, speed...).  This will also help when you trouble shoot, because the ID's may not be in order.

Mine happens to go C->06,05,01,03,04,02  Thats the way the cable runs around the yard. The ID's are the order I added dumb controllers. (The Pixies are 20, 30  on the Red Net with lots of spare ID's to allow board upgrades)

24 minutes ago, Orville said:

If you're trying to run a show, it won't work until you have the Regular Network set, if you have set it to Aux A as the port to run your shows, this may be why you're having issues.  And if your CTB16PC or other controllers are on a Regular Network and NOT on Aux A, they won't be found either. 

The same goes with what's on Aux A won't be found on the Regular Network.   You can only access those controllers that are ON THAT particular network, you can't access them all at one time over different networks, it doesn't work that way.

My 4 CTB16PC's are on Comm3, Regular, 115K black USB RS485B adapter, my 5 CCB-100 RGB Controllers are on Aux A, Comm4, 500K, Enhanced Network.  Comm3, Regular is the port used to run my shows, if I use Comm4, Aux A as the port to run shows, my CTB16PC controllers won't be found or work in a show or even in a sequence.

If I am on Comm4 to access the RGB Controllers, it will not locate or access my CTB16PC Controllers, if I am on the Regular Network {Comm3}, it will access my 4 CTB16PC Controllers and NOT my RGB Controllers.  

If they are all on the same network it will find all of them, but if any of them have the same ID numbers {CTB16PC 01 and  RGB Controller 01}  and being different controller types, that's going to create a mess too, as both controllers, even though different types, will try to control whatever is on Channel one with Unit ID 01 for example..

And I'm beginning to think this is where your problems may be coming from, by one of these issues.   Since we can't be at your computer while you're doing this, we really have no idea what you are actually doing or have answered something the software asked and you gave it a Yes answer that perhaps should have been No.  And so, any of this could possibly be the culprit creating your issues.

Com port 3 is my regular controllers CTB16 my RGB is set for com port 4 AUX A. 500K Enhanced  I did it through SE not HU.

They all have different IDs o3 17 18 I checked the not for show. Do I need to have all controllers hooked up regular and AuxA?

Thanks,

1 minute ago, tbuff23 said:

Com port 3 is my regular controllers CTB16 my RGB is set for com port 4 AUX A. 500K Enhanced  I did it through SE not HU.

They all have different IDs o3 17 18 I checked the not for show. Do I need to have all controllers hooked up regular and AuxA?

Thanks,

The controllers need to be connected to the correct comm port adapter to their assigned net work

Exaple

If you have 5 controllers - keeping it simple

controller 1 and 2 are assigned to Reg LOR NW

3,4 & 5 are assigned to aux A

Then that is how you need to connect them. I helped someone last Sunday that had everything daisy chained thinking the computer would sort them out. Once I explained it to him, he had lights and everything was on their correct NW's and comm ports.

JR

THANK YOU ALL for being so patient we helping me it was a bone head mistake I only had the AUX controllers hooked up as soon as I hooked

up the regular controllers it work great. All you guys ROCK.

• Like 1

THANK YOU ALL for being so patient we helping me it was a bone head mistake I only had the AUX controllers hooked up as soon as I hooked

up the regular controllers it work great. All you guys ROCK.

Glad you got it all working! :D

• The topic was locked