Light-O-Rama Forums

Computer settings

Ballmiester

I remember finding a post years ago for settings for laptops for running a show with no problems. Finally got a new laptop with the new windows on it I guess and I was looking for the same kind of info so it doesn’t turn off my show especially with the having to log in on the computer all the time how does one turn that off?

39 minutes ago, Ballmiester said:

I remember finding a post years ago for settings for laptops for running a show with no problems. Finally got a new laptop with the new windows on it I guess and I was looking for the same kind of info so it doesn’t turn off my show especially with the having to log in on the computer all the time how does one turn that off?

Power Management: (when plugged in):   Never sleep, hard drive never sleeps, Lid close : do nothing)

I think I remembered them all

Only part I could add, sometimes be careful about the lid close.  I had an HP laptop that would turn off USB ports when lid closed regardless of power settings.  Probably a setting somewhere else but I never found it. 

1 hour ago, sticks4legs said:

Only part I could add, sometimes be careful about the lid close.  I had an HP laptop that would turn off USB ports when lid closed regardless of power settings.  Probably a setting somewhere else but I never found it. 

Check the USB (and Network) properties in the device manager, Some have a power tab 'allow... to save power'   These do not show under Power Settings

• The topic was locked