Light-O-Rama Forums

Going Dark in 2019

EARLE W. TALLEY

Earle, I may be interested in the lights/trees. My father is in The Villages and I am in Ft. Lauderdale, so logistics aren't too bad. Shoot me a pm or email at marathonvacations@gmail.com.

On 12/21/2018 at 8:46 AM, EARLE W. TALLEY said:

Email sent

How tall are your spiral trees and where are you located? I would actually be interested in all 3 of them, with stars.

Earl this is first year for me and wife.  We located in Tx.  Do you have any sequences you share.  I watched you videos you posted.  Lights look great.  I want to see how your able to see sequence the 110v controllers using leds.  We are using 2 gen 3 CTB16PC and rest are pixels.  I have a lot of leds I did not use as I not very good at sequencing.  I using Super Star.  Thanks Ricky.  Email is richard19@ got.rr.com if you don’t mind sending.  

richard19@gt.rr.com is correct email

really appreciate the help.

Edited by Richard Sonnier

Earle. I’m really sorry I hadn’t seen this post.  Like all others who knew you, you and your display will be sadly missed.  You were always willing to help others with advice, guidance and sequences, you were truly the king of the spiral trees.   We have visited you for several years on our trips from the UK and you and Pat have always made us very welcome. I am really glad that I will be able to visit you this week to see your fantastic display one more time.  I do consider you a true friend and felt that I should make this post as a testament to you and your unique display.  See you in a couple of days.  Tony 

Earle, I am very sorry to hear that you will no longer be putting up a display. A few years back you gave me some advice on spiral tree sequencing and ideas that made all the difference to my display,  and I won’t forget the help you provided. Best wishes to you going forward and best of luck.

Allen Meegan

Thanks to all for the kind words, this has been a good 10 years that I have enjoyed. The other day I found a video from 2009, WOW, what a difference. from first to last. For those that I have helped "you are welcome and wish I could have done more", keep up the good work.

Tony, thank you and your wife for the visit every year, my wife and have enjoyed your company and look forward to it every year.  See you soon.

Earle

P.S. as of this date the display is about 95% sold, still have some misc. items.

Edited by EARLE W. TALLEY

The sequencing you sent me I was able to use in my show before New Years.  Thanks and if you have any more I would appreciate very much

I have had a request from James Morris for my sequences, I will be sending him the sequences to be put in a file for people that want them. It will take a few weeks for me to get them to him, so please be patient, I know it will also take him some time to sort out.

Thank You

Earle

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2018 at 8:46 AM, EARLE W. TALLEY said:

My son and I took a road trip to visit the Talleys and finalize buying all 3 trees, their stars, arches, and controllers. It's my hope to see their display continue, at least in part, for a long time. This past year was our first year with LOR and although we only used the purchased sequences from the Showtime Central, we still greatly enjoyed it and it sparked a desire to continue building a better show. The Talleys were kind and lovely people and Earle is passionate about his trees. We plan to set them up in the backyard in the next month or so to get a practice run on assembling them. Blessings! 

7 hours ago, dansamy said:

My son and I took a road trip to visit the Talleys and finalize buying all 3 trees, their stars, arches, and controllers. It's my hope to see their display continue, at least in part, for a long time. This past year was our first year with LOR and although we only used the purchased sequences from the Showtime Central, we still greatly enjoyed it and it sparked a desire to continue building a better show. The Talleys were kind and lovely people and Earle is passionate about his trees. We plan to set them up in the backyard in the next month or so to get a practice run on assembling them. Blessings! 

That was a nice, rare purchase.

JR

4 hours ago, dibblejr said:

That was a nice, rare purchase.

JR

Definitely a rare opportunity. Guess I need to order some spt... 

• The topic was locked