Light-O-Rama Forums

***WARNING***

Mr. P

***WARNING***

For those of you who are running S4 and wanting to change to S5, do yourself a favor and wait until after this Holiday season. S5 has a large learning curve and most of you will have issues and many questions so why take the chance of screwing up this years show. Stick with something you know and when the Holidays are over you can switch and have a year to learn S5.

It is three weeks until lights on and there are lots of posts starting "I just switched to S5," so you must ask yourself "why," why switch so late in the game?

So do yourself, the Forums and the Help Desk a favor and stick with what you know until January. Remeber KISS, Keep It Simple Stupid and don't make it harder on yourself.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Plus about a million!

And this coming from someone who IS running S5 - but I have been since day one of the S5 beta.  Ultimately you will want to upgrade to S5, but this is NOT the time to do it. We are WAY to close to Christmas show time to make a major change in software.  Use what you are used to for 2018, but start working with S5 in January.  As soon as your 2018 show is shutdown, load up S5 and start the learning process.

• Like 1

Agree with these guys, it is NOT a smart move to start with S5 this year, if you just got into this, I still WOULD NOT install S5 until AFTER the Holiday Season has ended.   It is very confusing and has a VERY LARGE learning curve.    I won't be going to it, due to the seq

Agree with these guys, now is NOT the time to start using S5, even if you just acquired the software and licensing, I wouldn't install S5, I'd work with S4 first, it's a little easier to work with.   There is a VERY LARGE learning curve with S5, since the Pixel Editor and Sequence Editor are combined in the S5 software suite.    

Me, due to vision issues, I can't really use S5, so if you have vision issues, like being considered legally blind or close to it, the S5 Sequencing Screen is extremely small compared to the older {S4 and previous versions} Sequence Editor.   

You can try it and see if it'll work for you, but I know I'm not the only one here using LOR software that is legally blind. 

So I'm just informing those folks that do, they can try it out, but if there vision issues are anywhere near like mine, they probably  aren't going to be able to use it very well.  And trying to use Windows magnifier option, that just made it more cumbersome to try and use S5, at least for me.  So I'm with S4 and probably will be, unless that sequencing screen gets back to the size it was in all the previous versions of the LOR Software Suite.  Otherwise, S4 will be my last and final upgrade. 

I just don't get why the PE sequencing screen has to be so extremely small with no way to increase it's size.  Leastwise not that I could find.

On 11/6/2018 at 6:00 AM, Mr. P said:

***WARNING***

For those of you who are running S4 and wanting to change to S5, do yourself a favor and wait until after this Holiday season. S5 has a large learning curve and most of you will have issues and many questions so why take the chance of screwing up this years show. Stick with something you know and when the Holidays are over you can switch and have a year to learn S5.

It is three weeks until lights on and there are lots of posts starting "I just switched to S5," so you must ask yourself "why," why switch so late in the game?

So do yourself, the Forums and the Help Desk a favor and stick with what you know until January. Remeber KISS, Keep It Simple Stupid and don't make it harder on yourself.

Being new this year I originally download S5 to run the demo. I was shocked to see everything I learned from You tube and me reading was different. I uninstalled S5 went back and download S4 and all seemed to click so far. That’s when I finally made my purchase. Of course I still had and will have questions. As Mr. P said wait it almost caused me not to purchase. 

I’ll be downloading it right after the season is up....

Edited by ~DOC~
Typo
  • Thanks 1

• The topic was locked