Light-O-Rama Forums

Walmart 27 inch candy canes lit

Joe Polenchar

it hit Minus -20 here, last night, needless to say.... it will be a couple of days to recover from everything freezing up.. back in a while :)

Greg

1 hour ago, a31ford said:

it hit Minus -20 here, last night, needless to say.... it will be a couple of days to recover from everything freezing up.. back in a while :)

Greg

Yikers. It hit 32.4 as I write this (sunrise tends to be the lowest). That is still COLD for here

20181115_191847_zpsma8yivne.jpg

20181115_191913_zpstaarovv4.jpg

20181115_191901_zpswh85z40h.jpg

20181115_191906_zps1iuz4kee.jpg

If you notice, only the front and rear canes have 3 wires, the center one only has 2. look closely at the front or rear, you will see that on one side of the first bulb, there are 2 wires the other side of the same bulb only has one, that extra wire is for "feed through" for the FEMALE outlet at the last cane, since we are running these canes as "one-zies", we will not be using a female.

Edited by a31ford

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, trooperblazer said:

Has anyone ever tried to convert these over to LED?   I am running almost 100 of these things!

Yep, I bought a couple of 5M rolls of 12V warm white strips (more leds / M if you want brighter)  so far, I have done 18. I use  5.5 x 2.1 connectors like these https://www.amazon.com/Hosyl-5-5mm-Connector-Camera-Female/dp/B01E9SWZEM/ref=sr_1_17?ie=UTF8&qid=1543332556&sr=8-17&keywords=5.5+female+plug just to make it easy to move (You could make groups of 3 wired to each channel of a RGB pigtail)

I also use 11/16 plug caps to close the up facing hooks on my CC propeller (check your ID before ordering)

Do solder the wires to the strips, clamp fit tails were just to much of a PITA.  I Hot glued over the connections, then slid the strip into the CC, the rubber side plug keeps the strip facing out., tuck the wire into the hooke notch on the stake for strain relief