Light-O-Rama Forums

pixel editor

dougradSally123+

I am sure dumb question for most but i am using the pro version.  Wanting to control individual rgb lights (each Pixel) and it keeps referring to the Pixel Editor.  I don't have any tabs for this in my light o rama program list and can't seem to find anything about it in the S5 software.  Looked at several video's but only talks about opening it but i can't seem to find it.  Thanks for any help.

Edited by dougradSally123+

I do know that the Sequence Editor and the Pixel Editor ARE COMBINED in S5.  But that's all I know about it, tried using it for a short while, but it got too confusing for me, and the sequencer screen area was just too small for my vision issues. 

So I went back to S4.3.36, in S4 the Pixel Editor and the Sequence Editor are two separate programs.

Yup, what my friend Orville said. However I do not use PE at all. I used it one time 2 years ago to design my spider prop and have not used it since. 

JR

3 minutes ago, dougradSally123+ said:

can individual pixels be controlled in S5 or do I have to get SS

Im pretty sure they can however someone that uses S5 can better answer that. As  I recall I could in PE when I built my spider.

JR

PE can, but after I tried using it, I just couldn't understand how to use it, and I watched every video I could find on it.  Was just too confusing to me and I could never get anything to set up in it, and if I did manage setting a prop I couldn't re-load it in or do anything with it!

You can't use both you can use only one in S4 the sequence editor , Superstar and the Pixel editor are all separate  In S5 they are all combined into one program when you open S5 the screen you see is the old pixel editor .

thanks, to give a general example of what i am trying to do: lets say i have a string  10 pixels, all flash for few seconds, then pixel one and two go solid and rest flash for seconds, then 1,2,3,4 go solid rest flash and so on.  Can this be done in S5?  All i can seem to find is using the built in motions and not control each pixel.  Again thanks.

Is this something like you are talking about. Took me all of about 3 minutes to create scratch. Don't give up on S5. It can do what you want and more! Just takes a little time to learn and understand it. If you need help with how this is setup, let us know.

Alan...

sample%20strings.gif

11 minutes ago, default said:

Is this something like you are talking about. Took me all of about 3 minutes to create scratch. Don't give up on S5. It can do what you want and more! Just takes a little time to learn and understand it. If you need help with how this is setup, let us know.

Alan...

sample%20strings.gif

Amen on that reply.   To me, it was really worth the time to get used to S5 and I would now never consider going back to S4.  In fact, I wonder how I dealt with S4 for so long  😉

2 hours ago, dougradSally123+ said:

lets say i have a string  10 pixels, all flash for few seconds, then pixel one and two go solid and rest flash for seconds, then 1,2,3,4 go solid rest flash and so on. 

Oops, after re-reading your post I think this gif is more of what you were asking for.

Alan...

sample%20string1.gif

2 hours ago, Dennis Laff said:

You can't use both you can use only one in S4 the sequence editor , Superstar and the Pixel editor are all separate  In S5 they are all combined into one program when you open S5 the screen you see is the old pixel editor .

SuperStar is combined with the PE and SE in S5?  I don't seem to recall that, I could have sworn that SuperStar being a SEPARATE license IS a separate program, how would you enter 2 separate licenses into S5?  One being the LOR license and the other for SuperStar?  Never hard of any software that allows two separate licenses in one package.   And I seem to have had a separate SuperStar program when I tried S5.

I just can't see how the 3 could be combined into one program due to the different licensing for each one.

1 hour ago, dougradSally123+ said:

absolutely, not sure were to start, thanks.

Here's a quick video I made showing how I created this Preview, Prop, and Sequence.

In S5, it is critical that you create a proper Preview for all things to work correctly. This video shows how a particular prop and preview were made, but this is not the main Preview for a whole house view.

As an example, I have a Preview that has all my Props (whole house, in my case Yard View) Logically it makes sense to me to create individual props, then add them to the Whole House View. If you need help with that let me know, I can do up another video and explain it in more detail.

Alan...

P.S. Due to a lot of content, this demo had to be done in Video form, the video moves along quickly, pause and rewatch if you get lost. Watch Full screen to be able to see it all in better detail.

1 hour ago, Orville said:

SuperStar is combined with the PE and SE in S5?

I'm not sure that's what Dennis meant. SS is an add on for S5 (same as in S4) The way SS intergrates into S5 is different and maybe that's what Dennis meant. PE and SE have been combined in S5 is a more accurate statement.

Either way the OP asked if SS is needed to do what he wants. In this case, no it is not. Having said that, SS is something to look into,  it adds alot to the Sequencing Toolbox. This simplest way to explain it is that there are things SS can do and SE cannot, and vise versa. Both of them together lets you create a more finely tuned sequence imho.

Alan...

17 hours ago, default said:

I'm not sure that's what Dennis meant. SS is an add on for S5 (same as in S4) The way SS intergrates into S5 is different and maybe that's what Dennis meant. PE and SE have been combined in S5 is a more accurate statement.

Either way the OP asked if SS is needed to do what he wants. In this case, no it is not. Having said that, SS is something to look into,  it adds alot to the Sequencing Toolbox. This simplest way to explain it is that there are things SS can do and SE cannot, and vise versa. Both of them together lets you create a more finely tuned sequence imho.

Alan...

Thanks Alan, that's what I thought. 

When, or if I can get up the funds for adding SS to my toolbox, I plan on doing so, played around with the demo from time to time and looks like it can do a lot of neat stuff with Pixels.  So would definitely like to add SS to my software collection for controlling and sequencing lights.  

I try and save back a few bucks a month for stuff like that I want, but probably won't get until the following year, unless something comes up, and I have to use the money for something else{medical emergency or something that would have to take precedence over those type things.}