Light-O-Rama Forums

DST is over

Mr. P

So how many forgot to set the clocks back? I wish they would just pick a time and stay with it, I would prefer it getting darker earler in the evening but it really wouldn't matter.

44 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

So how many forgot to set the clocks back? I wish they would just pick a time and stay with it, I would prefer it getting darker earler in the evening but it really wouldn't matter.

Only 3 clocks, the microwave, and 2 battery operated clocks {Analog, you know the ones with the face and numbers stamped around in a circular fashion}.  Other than those 3, all others set themselves.

And I'm with you Mr. P., I prefer the current time where it's daylight early in the day and darker earlier in the evening, usually gets dark around here about 5:30pm once the time changes.  And I prefer it because then I can run my displays longer.:P:D

They tried to pass something here in Florida where it would stay at te DST all year, NO THANKS, I think the time we're on now is the ORIGINAL time and that's where it should stay.

Some parts of Florida NEVER change their clocks at all. Same time all year round.  Now how weird is that?

Yes, we need to just leave the time alone. The days of farming without modern technology are over, as well as many aspects of farming. Having had grown up on farms and getting up before the sun milking cows and all the fun stuff that goes with it, it never mattered. Dark is still dark.

Of course I am sure their is a side of politics that relies on the making people keep "springing forward and falling back"

JR

Sort of like it. Get to work an hour earlier now and leave an hour earlier. Not much of an early bird here. This helps until they screw me all up come spring.... 

• The topic was locked