Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixcon16 Question - Weird Behavior

thefather99

NEWB here using LOR.  I have a Pixcon16 controller going to some leaping arches using CCR's-II strips.  Since the strips are so long, I have them in two arches.  

In the Pixcon config, I put that I have 150 pixels and had to change the RGB order (probably because of factory wiring?).  When using the test on/off button "red, green, blue", etc the two arches work fine and are the correct color.

Within Pixel Editor, I created the props and for the arches I put in start circuit of 1 end circuit of 75 and for the second did start circuit 76, end circuit 150.  Here is where it gets weird.  The first arch works perfectly how I would expect.  Correct color, etc.  the second arch is a totally different color that I cannot seem to correct even by changing the channel order (RGB).  

Any one know what I might be doing wrong?

The only thing I can think of {I don't own a PixCon 16}, is did you mimic the same exact format {copy channels 1-75} to channels 76-150 so that they are EXACTLY identical in every way?  If yes, not sure what's happening.  If no, read on.

I use older CCD SMB-100 Controllers and when I first started sequencing them I kept having mismatched color issues like that, found out I wasn't copying the colors from one set of channels to the 2nd set I wanted to be IDENTICAL to them.    Once I got this down and figured out, and I started making sure everything was identical to the other channels I wanted mimicked with the same colors all worked perfectly.   Just make sure the color{s} you want are IDENTICAL idf that's your intent, otherwise, you'll end up with a myriad of incorrect colors until you get it figured and planned out for the color scheme.

Good Luck.

It's the standard CCR-II from LOR

• 150 LED - 3 LEDs per pixel. 

But yes, the whole strip goes through two arches.  It's quite possible I am interpreting Pixel/LED/Nodes/start circuits/end circuits all wrong.... Thought I played around with that though.... Hence me being a NEWB.

18 hours ago, thefather99 said:

It's the standard CCR-II from LOR

• 150 LED - 3 LEDs per pixel. 

But yes, the whole strip goes through two arches.  It's quite possible I am interpreting Pixel/LED/Nodes/start circuits/end circuits all wrong.... Thought I played around with that though.... Hence me being a NEWB.

I have the older CC Pixels and Bulbs {5V} and I break my strands down in half on some sequences.  I'll have the first half channels 1-25 do a Purple-Orange-Green-Blue-Red and I'll have the 2nd half do the same colors coming in reverse channels 26-50 {75 Channels total for 2nd half, 75 channels total for first half = 150 channels in all}.

If doing an Arch, sequence the first 25 channels {left to right} in the chase you want and color, start channel 26-50 AFTER the end of the 25th Channel above it, using the SAME COLORS if you want the arches to flow with the same color scheme.  This way Arch 1 flows into Arch 2, then repeat this process for every time you want this to happen, if wanting to reverse the arch after it reaches the end.

Then do this to make it flow in reverse {right to left}, start with the bottom {last channel in second half of the strand, i.e. start at channel 50 and end at channel 26}, then do the same starting with the 25th channel up to channel 1 in reverse using colors for that setting to make the arch reverse backward from the right hand side..

It's actually quite easy to do, but it can look very confusing as you set this up to work in SE.   It may look off and odd, but it works.  I have some of my Halloween sequence RGB lights broken down into half strands and other ways that chase back and forth.

See if these animation files may help you understand this better:

Halloween Animation Files created with LOR Version 4.3.36

These are only animation files and only contain my 5 RGB Controllers {CCB-100 Version 1} and Cosmic Color Pixels {Bullets} and Cosmic Color Bulbs {C7}, but hopefully this may show you how to set up your arches, these aren't for arches, but the principle on how these work are pretty much the same.  You'll have to set these up for your controllers to make them work with them.

Let me know if you have any issue downloading them.  Once you check them out, any questions just ask.

These are LAS and LSV files I'm using for this Halloween, didn't have time to create a musical show, Christmas will be that one. :)

NOTE: You can download each file individually or download them all in the one zip file that's there.

Good Luck!

That solved it!  I had to do 1-25 on the prop for the first arch then 26-50 for the next arch.  I guess I forgot the 1-25 represents 75 pixels.  Thanks!

Edited by thefather99

14 hours ago, thefather99 said:

That solved it!  I had to do 1-25 on the prop for the first arch then 26-50 for the next arch.  I guess I forgot the 1-25 represents 75 pixels.  Thanks!

Yes, it's very easy to do, when I first started trying to figure out how to do this, it liked to drive me insane because I kept making that mistake of not breaking the strand down properly. ROFL

Glad my "long winded" explanation helped get your problem solved.  

And the animation files I offered, if you happened to have downloaded them, and looked at how I did this with my basic set up for this year.

Edited by Orville