Light-O-Rama Forums

Preview Design Issues

brettmc

I have upgraded to the new S5 with the latest update. I did a new preview (see image) and created a new prop for my Pixie unit I got last year. I watched your videos on how to create the preview to learn how. It showed grouping but didn't say why you need to do it. The software created the "Pixie 01" and turned it blue just like in the video but when I open a sequence it is not blue. I have made several new sequences this summer  in the Superstar Sequencer and tried to insert them into the S5 following your video:  Light-O-Rama Inserting a SuperStar Effect into ShowTime 5 Sequencer and I cannot get it to work. My area is not blue like the video. I have searched the forums and can not find anything with my issue. Please see attachements which are screenshots of both the preview and a sequence.  Thank you very much~~

Preview.png

Sequence.png

In Preview Design, groups are displayed with blue text. However, in the sequence grid, all rows are displayed with the same text color. This includes preview groups.

Matt

It might be easiest if I remote into your computer and I can see exactly what is happening.  Email me at brian@superstarlights.com and we can setup a date and time.

-Brian Bruderer (superstar developer)

• 2 weeks later...

Everything is working in Preview now so I connected my Pixie16 controller up and connected all the ribbons. I tested it in the hardware utility and it works there but when I play a sequence and check "control lights" nothing is happening. No lights at all

1 hour ago, brettmc said:

Everything is working in Preview now so I connected my Pixie16 controller up and connected all the ribbons. I tested it in the hardware utility and it works there but when I play a sequence and check "control lights" nothing is happening. No lights at all

How is LOR Network Configuration/Preferences set up? Is the Pixie16 on an enhanced network? Does that match its Prop Definition in Preview Design? Is each pixel string assigned a separate unit id?

Matt

the Pixie16 is on an enhanced network (Aux A) and that is how the Matrix vertical -quad is set up. in HU is shows it as Unit 6 (which is the number I assigned it last year when using S4) and each ribbon as a port 1-16. In preview, the unit number starts with 6 and goes to 16 and each start circuit # as 1

14 minutes ago, brettmc said:

the Pixie16 is on an enhanced network (Aux A) and that is how the Matrix vertical -quad is set up. in HU is shows it as Unit 6 (which is the number I assigned it last year when using S4) and each ribbon as a port 1-16. In preview, the unit number starts with 6 and goes to 16 and each start circuit # as 1

The pixie16 should not show all unit ID's being labeled as 1-16.

According to your post and your unit ID it should show 6,7,8,9,0A,0B,0C,0D.0E,0F, 10, 11,12,13,14, and 15

JR

In the Comm Listener window (CL) it should show a line something like this (your COM port number may be different):

2018-10-28 13:25:52  15:LOR-AuxA   [INFO ] COM4 opened as AuxA with speed 500K

Is the Hardware Utility closed? Are shows disabled? The status LED on the Pixie controller is on solid?

Could you please attach a screen capture of the Prop Definition window for you matrix?

Matt

HU is Closed.

All shows disabled only  1 song in S5 is open. Control lights is checked

LED is solid red

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Edited by brettmc