Light-O-Rama Forums

Need static control between musical sequences

NetPlanner

I am planning to use LOR (32 channels) for a Christmas musical. The songs I want to sequence (musical sequences) will all be in MP3 files. However, before, after and between the musical sequences I need to have the lights set to a static display of lights with the ability to bring lights on/off/up/down as needed. So I am assuming I need to use animated sequences before, after and between the musical sequences. What I am not sure of is: What control can I have of the lights from within a animated sequence? Can I step through the sequence 'manually' or does it have to be time based? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

When you build your show (in S4) you simply add the animation sequences in between the musical sequences in the musical tab.

When you say "Step through manually" are you meaning change what is shown on an animated sequence on the fly? If so, then the only way you are doing that is with triggers. You would set up a trigger to play a certain sequence (animated) when that trigger is pressed. Keep in mind that the triggers would be 'live' anytime the show is on, so it would be possible to accidentally interrupt your musical sequences if you are not careful.

Thanks very much for the quick reply! Not necessarily on the fly. For this purpose I would create an animated sequence with one 'step' which would have the lights I want on and at the level I want. (Static sequence) And then a second animated sequence after that one which would change the lights to what I want next. Then a musical sequence after that followed by an static animated, etc. I think my real question at this point is: How do you move from a music sequence to a static animated sequence then later to a second animated sequence, etc. within a show? Do you click on each sequence when you want that sequence to play? (I have never put sequences into a show so my apologies if this is a newbie type question)

You would use the Show Editor or Simple Show Builder and put your sequences in the order that you want them to play  ie. three musical sequences then a 15 minute animation sequence for static lights. What are you going to use to run the show, a computer or a director?

Please fill in profile so we can see software version and license level.

Thanks again for the quick replies! To clarify - I have not purchased yet as I need to be sure LOR will do what I need before purchasing. I know the hardware will do what I need and will handle the load, etc. And the musical sequences will also do what I need for those parts of the show. And after further research I see that I putting sequences into a LOR show will not work. Basically what I will need to do is start a static animated sequence before the show and then start a musical sequence for the first song. Then leave the lights set at the end of that musical sequence and when ready I will start the next sequence. So I just need to confirm that I can have a musical sequence leave the lights how I want them at the end of the sequence and that I can bring up the next sequence when I want and start it whenever I need to. Make sense? Since this is a musical play the amount of time between musical parts will vary and I need to be in control of when the next sequence starts, be it musical or animated. 

• The topic was locked