Light-O-Rama Forums

Ramsey FM transmitters for sale

cetacea

For those looking at purchasing any of the Ramsey FM transmitters for their display, I am an authorized vendor and sell all models. I am offering a 10% discount to all LOR forum members, so that makes the already low prices even better. I do have other items for sale, but the transmitters are the most popular.

Please visit shop.christmasincruces.com and upon checkout, use the coupon code LORMEMBER for the discount. In most cases, it is cheaper to use USPS as the shipping method as Priority Mail is faster and usually cheaper than UPS ground. I do offer both methods of shipping though.

Enjoy the next few months of programming for this years displays!

Glenn Westfall
Christmas in Cruces
http://www.christmasincruces.com
http://shop.christmasincruces.com (Use coupon code LORMEMBER for discount)

You might want to mention that you have both kit forms (for those who are cheap and confident in their soldering) and wired/tested forms (for those who want 'plug and play').

Which Ramsey models don't lose their settings when power is removed? I think the 25B, which claims to use switches for its settings, might be ok, but what about the higher models?

That is correct, I do have kits as well as completely assembled units. The only model that is prone to frequency drift is the FM10C, which I don't recommend for Christmas displays just because the range is spotty and the frequency selection is a bit tricky and can drift. The FM25B has dip switches that are set to the desired frequency, so no drift but the case must be opened to set the frequency. Not a big deal since once a frequency is set is most likely won't need to be changed very often. The FM30B and FM100B are digital and can be set using push buttons on the front panel and selecting the frequency on the digital display. Once set, these will not drift either.

One word of note, the FM100B is currently undergoing a redesign by Ramsey so it is unavailable at this time. According to Ramsey, they should be available mid to end of August.

• 1 month later...

Ramsey has finally delivered the newly re-designed FM100's. I have about 7 more to build to be caught up. If you order one, expect about a week before it can be delivered while I catch up on all my backorders. I'm building 1 FM100/day, but I do have plenty of other models available and they ship right away. In about a week or so, I will be all caught up and even the FM100's will ship right away.