Light-O-Rama Forums

pixels upon testing play entire sequence at once??? --Hard to explain

Kennan

Ok, so upon my first testing of my LED strips and using show-on-demand, I tried to get the LED strip I have to be the left arch in my display (to just run it through and make sure everything works). But instead, the strip plays like normal lights.. Hard to explain. Ok, so the drums for most songs are the walls of the house, which are NOT pixels. Just lights. The LED strip is playing the walls, a few other things, and I have no clue why. And its not playing the arch like its supposed too. Also only a small section of the strip lights up.

5 minutes ago, ItsMeBobO said:

How did this look in your visualiser or Preview?   

Looks fine, everything runs the channel its supposed too.

1 hour ago, Kennan said:

Ok, so upon my first testing of my LED strips and using show-on-demand, I tried to get the LED strip I have to be the left arch in my display (to just run it through and make sure everything works). But instead, the strip plays like normal lights.. Hard to explain. Ok, so the drums for most songs are the walls of the house, which are NOT pixels. Just lights. The LED strip is playing the walls, a few other things, and I have no clue why. And its not playing the arch like its supposed too. Also only a small section of the strip lights up.

What controller for the pixels?

Sounds like you have a port/ channel/ unit sharing the same Unit ID.

If you set the pixel units up in HU and if they are brand new versions pixies or pixcons they have dip switches. One dip switch will be "on" opposite from the others. This sets the unit ID to #1.

Even if you assign a unit it HU and do a refresh to check the HU will find that unit ID giving you a false hope that the ID is good. However as soon as you close HU the unit will automatically re assign itself to unit 1.

If this is the case you must turn that one dip switch "off" and leave it off.

If your AC controllers are unit 1, that will more than likely be the culprit.

Please fill out the rest of your profile so the forum members can tell which version of software and license level you have. That will also make a big difference.

JR