Light-O-Rama Forums

Copy / Paste problems

Ruppy88

I got a few sequences from some kind folks out there, but most are for 64 channels. So I am going though them and coping and pasting into a new sequence  for me. However, I am finding that I can’t copy and paste a lot of the channels. In some I can copy channel x but not y. Can you help me?  I have basic plus software. 

8 minutes ago, Ruppy88 said:

I got a few sequences from some kind folks out there, but most are for 64 channels. So I am going though them and coping and pasting into a new sequence  for me. However, I am finding that I can’t copy and paste a lot of the channels. In some I can copy channel x but not y. Can you help me?  I have basic plus software. 

are you trying to copy RGB elements?  Those can be a bit wonky to do.

the only time I have had that issue it ended up being my mouse.  Replaced my house and copy/paste works fine.  Would need more detail on your issues.

I know my channels are in tracks and Basic + will only cover 2 tracks.  So if you're trying to copy from say track 3, 4, 5 or higher Basic + does not recognize these tracks and therefore, won't let you copy them.

Unfortunately the only solutions to this are: Upgrade your license level to "Advanced" or "Pro", then this is not an issue.

The other solution is to copy from track 1 and track 2 into your new sequence, if you want to copy from tracks higher than 2, you have to delete tracks 1 and 2 AFTER you've copied what you want from them, then tracks 3 and 4 will become tracks 1 and 2.  Copy and paste from these tracks, then delete tracks 1 and 2 again, the next 2 tracks will once more, become tracks 1 and 2.  Just keep doing this until you run out of tracks to copy from and only have tracks 1 and 2 left.  Then when done, if you want to retain the original sequence you copied and deleted tracks, DO NOT SAVE IT when it asks you to "Save Changes", click no and the entire sequence will be left as it was when you first opened it and started copying from it.

Hope this helps, I know it's a little more work, but it doesn't cost anything but time, however, if you have the finds and can afford to upgrade, I'd at least go for the Advanced license {Pro if you're going to get into RGB lighting at some point, and believe me, you will.}.

But the second is the only solution I know to working around this issue.   Since Basic + covers 4 controllers, a 64 channel sequence should be handled under that license since 4 CTB16PC controllers = 64 channels.  But if more than 2 tracks are used, it won't recognize that.

I'm not certain about this, but I think Basic + may not recognize controllers over an unit ID of 04.  Again, I'm not certain about the unit ID set up, but I do seem to recall, you may have to change the unit ID numbers for controllers above 04, such as 05, 06, 07, etc, would have to be between 01-04, as I don't think Basic + will recognize ID #'s past it's limitation of 4 controllers.

• Like 1

On 9/2/2018 at 11:39 AM, ericm said:

are the channels in groups? also I never right click and use that copy feature always use control-C to copy

Why?  Both work EXACTLY the same way. 

I find it easier and quicker to do my copying and pasting using the mouse over the keyboard.  But that's just my way of doing it. 

I say do what you feel most comfortable with, either method works and, again, they BOTH work EXACTLY the same. 

There is no difference one way or the other when copying or pasting from one section to another using either method..

For what I do sequencing wise I have to use 2 methods. IMO they are the fastest ways.

1- copy paste with mouse

2- Select rows and columns

all done with the mouse

JR

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

For what I do sequencing wise I have to use 2 methods. IMO they are the fastest ways.

1- copy paste with mouse

2- Select rows and columns

all done with the mouse

JR

EXACTLY how I do it too J.R.! :)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Orville said:

EXACTLY how I do it too J.R.! :)

Just got back from a weekend in Pensecola. Storms a brewing, batten down the hatches and take care.

JR

8 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

Just got back from a weekend in Pensecola. Storms a brewing, batten down the hatches and take care.

JR

Got a little lightning around here and small amount of rain today so far on Sunday, but nothing really major in my area, pretty dry for the most part!  But know the Northern parts of Florida are supposed to get it fairly bad due to the Hurricane out there in the Atlantic.

4 minutes ago, Orville said:

Got a little lightning around here and small amount of rain today so far on Sunday, but nothing really major in my area, pretty dry for the most part!  But know the Northern parts of Florida are supposed to get it fairly bad due to the Hurricane out there in the Atlantic.

Yeah, its funny how I can actually smell a storm while fishing. I don't watch tv while out on trips. Got back home a few hours ago and first thing I saw a a hurricane coming in. Made great fishing though.

Stay safe Both of us being from the East coast we know all it takes is a little shift to change things dramatically.

JR

3 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

Yeah, its funny how I can actually smell a storm while fishing. I don't watch tv while out on trips. Got back home a few hours ago and first thing I saw a a hurricane coming in. Made great fishing though.

Stay safe Both of us being from the East coast we know all it takes is a little shift to change things dramatically.

JR

That's an understatement!   I never trust those tracks until it's close enough I can almost tell where it's really going to go.