Light-O-Rama Forums

Show files in S5

debtoews

So Im brand new to S5 and have converted all this years show files in S5.  The new files are LOREDIT files but to load into show builder they need to be LMS files.  SO I noticed the playback feature- is that the file I create and then load into show builder? thanks!

In Sequencer, one of the menu items under File is something like “Create show files “.  That creates the show files that the show builder is looking for.

I was typing my last two messages on my phone, so if my explanation did not make sense, I can give a little more detail now that I'm back to a computer (that has S5.1.0 installed).

Finally got the Pixel Editor to work in S4, but instead tried to install S5 which I did.   I couldn't find the create show files, just Save or Save As for the sequence loaded in to the SE/PE software.   After several hours of frustration I gave up on S5, uninstalled it and went back to S4.3.34.  I just couldn't find a way to create the .lms files for the Show Editor to use, tried a rename, but that failed miserably.

S5 just got to be too much work and far confusing too me.  I like the K.I.S.S. method and it seems that {"K"eep "I"t "S"imple "S"tupid}  got lost in this particular transition/upgrade.

Plus I don't like the itty bitty sequence area, having vision issues, I can't work with that, and if I make it larger, it's hard to do anything in it because it just doesn't work well.

As for the Pixel Editor,  I tried watching the tutorials on that, tried setting up a prop or RGB lights in it, don't know what I'm doing wrong there, but can't get it to reload anything I saved.  Given up on that aspect of S4 too.  Again, if it isn't made in the K.I.S.S. way, in my aging years, just not for me.   My technology learning days are long over and done with.

Edited by Orville