Light-O-Rama Forums

S5 crashes shortly after/during "loading audio"

Kennan

Ok, so heres some backstory. Around every 6 months I reinstall windows, just to keep things up to speed. Well, I did that, then reinstalled S5.

I still have my sequences, but now whenever the read text that shows "loading audio" appears, it crashes. "LORSequencer has stopped working."

https://gyazo.com/a6fefd3e862d96097ee90c4df73dd5ed

^ GIF of the crash

any tips?

4 minutes ago, MattBrown said:

What kind of media file (MP3, WAV, etc)?

Is Windows Media Player able to play the media file?

Matt

They are all MP3 files. And WMP can play them flawlessly. I also tried creating a new sequence and using another media file that I downloaded after the re-installation of windows (just to rule out the possibility of the re-installation somehow corrupting them) and it still crashes.

Just now, MattBrown said:

Can you select Help > About from the Sequencer menu, then paste the results here? Thanks,

Matt

Light-O-Rama S5 Sequencer (32-bit), Version 5.0.18
Pro Edition

Copyright 2016-2018 Light-O-Rama, Inc.
Registered to: Bryce Conway

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Intel® Core™ i7-7820X CPU @ 3.60GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
OpenGL version: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 398.11

I would highly recommend running version 5.1.0 (first production release). Many bugs have been fixed since 5.0.18. Uninstall 5.0.18 before installing 5.1.0.

Matt

8 minutes ago, MattBrown said:

I would highly recommend running version 5.1.0 (first production release). Many bugs have been fixed since 5.0.18. Uninstall 5.0.18 before installing 5.1.0.

Matt

I tried running 5.1.0 at first, its only at 5.0.18 because I tried to downgrade to the version I was using before the re-installation. Also, could this be a problem w/ my RAM? I've been having some issues that might be related to bad RAM outside of LOR, and this could further add evidence.

EDIT: I also noticed it tries to import a preview from the sequence since there isnt one

https://gyazo.com/87d06618c0ff2c7bfeb5262f1fd5679b

Don't know if that'd help, but I thought I'd add that.

Edited by Kennan

In my experience, RAM issues result in random crashes, whereas your issue seems to be very predictable. 

Have you tried creating a sequence with WAV or WMA media files?

Have you opened your previews? Do they look ok?

Matt

2 minutes ago, MattBrown said:

In my experience, RAM issues result in random crashes, whereas your issue seems to be very predictable. 

Matt

7 minutes ago, MattBrown said:

Matt

WAV and WMA files do not work. All the previews got deleted in the re-installation, and its trying to import it (showed in the gyazo link), then it crashes.