Light-O-Rama Forums

How do I play all of my RGB elements at one time in sequencer?

answerman4109

I have imported all of my RGB props and sequences into the S5 sequencer successfully and can play them each individually and see them in real time in the preview pane of the S5 sequencer.

How do I get all of the props (16 ribbon CCR Tree, 8 CCR ribbons and 24x25 CCP Tree with 8 row globe) to play at the same time in the preview window so I can view the entire song group at one time?

Also, how do I group all of the props for the same song to so I can send it to the props once they are setup in my yard?

Thanks,

Chuck Oberman

I have built a preview with all of my channels and props but can only get one prop to play at a time. How do I get multiple props to play?

I use Superstar to program all of my props and import them into the S5 sequencer.

you have to create a group of all your props in S5 preview

Edited by Dennis Laff

If you have a preview with all your channels correctly assigned. Pressing one of the play buttons will play everything at the same time.  And BTW, you do not need all the channels to be in one group.  If you have lights hooked up, you can also select “Control Lights” and have the actual lights play also.

I don't think I am communicating what I would like to do properly.

I have the S5 sequencer open with the preview pane at the top and the sequences loaded at the bottom of the screen. I would like to simulate what the all 3 props working simultaniously would look like in my yard.

I am using the song" Let It Go" for all 3 props loaded in the sequence section, 1- 24x25 CCP Tree with 8 row globe, 8 CCR Circles and a 16 ribbon CCR Tree with 200 CCP star at the top (all from Superstar Lights). When I click on the CCR Circles and click the green Play button for the sequence, the circles play on the prop I created in the preview pane, just as I expect they should. When I click on the 16 ribbon tree with star in the sequence pane and click the play button, the star and tree play in the preview pane just as I expect they would. What I would like to do is get all 3 elements (Circles, 16 ribbon tree and 24x25 CCP Tree) to play simultaneously in the preview pane.

I'm trying to figure out what you are doing different.  The only way I have found it to play only one prop is if you click on a motion effect for that prop and NOT press a play button.  In that case, that motion effect will play.  However if you press a play button, everything plays.  I can't make it do otherwise.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, answerman4109 said:

I don't think I am communicating what I would like to do properly.

Sometimes things are not as obvious to others as they are to you. Your second explanation was a little clearer, although I also am not real clear on what the issue is.

It seems to me, that you may not have you ALL RGB Prop Group setup properly. I did a quick video to explain how I have mine set up. Things go quick, pause the video and read the captions if need be. This seems like a place to start to figure out what's going on. Let us know if this helps.

Alan...

Edited by default

Thanks Alan for the video and help with my issues.

I have made quite a bit of progress getting my sequence files into the S5 Sequencer. There is a video on YouTube (below) that I viewed on getting your Supertstar sequences into the S5 sequencer and since all of my sequences are programmed in Superstar I was able to use the info to get a couple of my elements loaded into the sequencer. I used the "start a new musical sequence" method to set up a new sequence in the S5 sequencer under the song name and then added my CCR tree and CCP tree to the sequence and it worked great! I am currently struggling with getting my 8 CCR circles setup properly in the sequencer but will work with Brian Bruderer to see if he can help with that.

Thanks for the help everyone. It's a bit of a steep learning curve for me going from S4 to S5 and I really glad I started this process in August so hopefully I can have everything running by Thanksgiving. ;)

Chuck