Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequence files

KBK

Hello.  I am new here and need some help.  I have created  sequence but when I go into show schedule it will not recognize it.  Like it doesn't exist or it hasn't actually saved it...Any thoughts? what can I do? 

Glad you got it.  I would suggest that you update your profile with your software version and license level.  The answer to a lot of questions people ask depends on both software version and license level.  Adding your location can be helpful in some cases as well (for example if you are in Honolulu, we don't need to give you answers related to snow protection).

You can edit your profile by selecting the dropdown for "Profile" under your user ID in the upper right corner.

11 hours ago, k6ccc said:

Glad you got it.  I would suggest that you update your profile with your software version and license level.  The answer to a lot of questions people ask depends on both software version and license level.  Adding your location can be helpful in some cases as well (for example if you are in Honolulu, we don't need to give you answers related to snow protection).

You can edit your profile by selecting the dropdown for "Profile" under your user ID in the upper right corner.

I keep thinking maybe  they need to update the LOR Forums so when a new user signs up, it drops them directly into the profile page after their preliminary criteria is completed, and hopefully fill in all their details like that once they sign back in {preferably before full access on the sign back in once signed up?}. 

And maybe if a new user has signed up and doesn't have a license or the software, a drop down in that area would also include an option for NO SOFTWARE/NO LICENSE or DEMO SOFTWARE/NO LICENSE if they haven't purchased any equipment to start their display as yet, as that would help us to know how much a newbie they really are to this.  

That would also be a big help when a newbie asks why the lights don't work when playing a sequence and they're using a DEMO version of the LOR suite.   I'd think this would be a big help because we'd know why almost immediately in some of those scenarios.

Again, just some suggestions/ideas to help make it easier to answer a newcomer's questions as well as hopefully get them to fill in that profile area with info everyone sees on the forums to help get them the answer{s} they're seeking.

The very first thing I look for when a question is asked is software version and license level. Many times one of those is the reason something doesn't work.

Sample questions:

Why won't the HU detect my Pixie controller?  First thing we have to check is the software version to ensure it supports the Pixie controllers.

Why can't I program my Pixcon16? Need to check license level as a Pro license is required to run a Pixcon16.

5 hours ago, Mr. P said:

The very first thing I look for when a question is asked is software version and license level. Many times one of those is the reason something doesn't work.

Sample questions:

Why won't the HU detect my Pixie controller?  First thing we have to check is the software version to ensure it supports the Pixie controllers.

Why can't I program my Pixcon16? Need to check license level as a Pro license is required to run a Pixcon16.

Completely agree with you Mr. P. 

I always look at their info under their name, unfortunately though, many times it just isn't there. 

So we have to ask, would be great if more users would add this to their profile. 

It's not like any of us can do anything with that info EXCEPT offer the correct type of help/advice depending on their question{s} by knowing their Software version and licensing level.

• The topic was locked