Light-O-Rama Forums

RGB Leaping Arch's for sale

Kapkirk

I have a pair (2) RGB LOR Pixel Arch's for sale $150

These are brand new never used outside, just tested after build.

Made with 2" HDPE tubing following Matt Johnson's YouTube video. Light O Rama's Cosmic Color Controller with 100 bullet pixels, they are now almost 2 years old. I have been unable and frustrated trying to sequence them so that is the reason for selling. I have over $250 invested in them and just want to make some room in the storage shed.

I can't post pic's, but they are exactly like Matt Johnsons Youtube video if you want to see them. Due to shipping is really too hard, local pickup or a meet within a reasonable distance to Jacksonville Florida is necessary.

Thanks for looking, IM me or post a contact if interested or any questions.

Keith

So Tempting!  Live in Jacksonville too!

I hope you are able to sell them.  Not ready for smart pixels yet!

Yep, the sequencing of pixels was more than i bargained for, I got thru the singing xmas trees because of all the available sequences for sale and I am adding 7 sequenced roof lights for our neighbors this year. I am computer challenged and will get thru an extra 7 channels okay, but the 300 for 2 arch's is a bit too much.

Keith

1 hour ago, Kapkirk said:

have been unable and frustrated trying to sequence them so that is the reason for selling.

Hate to you see you sell off good props because of frustration. Is this something people can help with the sequencing?  If you're interested in keeping them and just need help with sequencing, post what version of the software you are using, whether you use Superstar or not etc.

Alan...

I have to agree with Alan on this one. If the only reason you are selling is sequencing that is an easy fix. Arches are a nice touch to any display and I hate to see you give up due to frustration.

Default and Mr P

Appreciate the thought's, and Mr P you offered some advice a while back. And another Lighter too offered help, can't remember his name right now but I messed around for a little while but like I said I am just not very good with the darn computers.

In todays world we are all computer, I get by but they frustrate me more than I get enjoyment from them, I like the physical aspect of our hobby more than the sequencing, and look forward to decorating. My friend/neighbor and I decorate or help decorate 10 houses on our culdesack and we are busy with the work for a lot of the year, come November 1st we set up every day till Thanksgiving then sit back and enjoy our neighbors and work.

I did think of working on the arch's sequencing more but have decided someone else could get more enjoyment out of them than I. Thanks again and really appreciate your advice and offer for help.

Keith

If I had transportation {i can no longer drive and we don't own a vehicle} and had extra funds for them, living in Orlando and just a couple hours or so from Jacksonville and having gotten into smart pixels myself, I would have loved to take you up on that offer!

That's a really great deal for someone closer to you that is into this hobby and looking for something like that for their display.

Believe me, when I started programming my smart pixels, they frustrated me too, it takes a wee bit of learning and I'm still nowhere mastering them yet, but I'm going to keep trying.  And even if they aren't programmed as well as I'd like, I'm still putting them into my display.   The majority of my neighbors have no clue what a smart pixel strand is, nor do they know they are computer controlled via software and special hardware, so they think it's just something the lights do right off the shelf, only a few of my closest neighbors and friends in my neighborhood know how my display really works.   So if it looks like crap to me or other visitors that know what this is all about, how it works, doesn't matter, at least to, those that don't know how this all goes together still oooh and aahh at it, including my clueless neighbors. ROFL

So even if you can't get it perfect, you could still put them out, just sequence them as a single color arch and fade them into the next color, that is start out with sequencing them as all red, then fade into all blue, then green, etc., etc.   Again, it doesn't have to be perfect, but at least you could use them and practice throughout the year on using the chase option to get them to do the other things you want, to program like an arch usually operates.

Once you can master the single color fade from one color to another, then another and another, then other changes, like chasing arches will become a little clearer, and hopefully a little easier to understand and accomplish.

Like others have stated, hate to see a person give up in frustration, when it's not really difficult.

But the key is, you have to sit down and learn yourself to do this, my first years sequencing really looked like my cats did the work, it was really downright awful, and there are a few folks still around on the forums here that can and will tell you that's true Right George Simmons? LOL}.  I *KNOW* it's true now, but I didn't know it until a a few years later, that was after going back and looking at more first years sequencing techniques, as opposed to what it is today, still nowhere near what a lot of these folks here do. 

But at least I try, have I been frustrated?

More than you'll ever know, but I had to keep myself going.  I had to force myself to sit and learn how to make props and items do what "I" wanted them to do, not what I thought the software and computer wanted them to do.  That was my biggest mistake when I started sequencing, NOT taking time to stay with it and really learn it to make my sequencing better, and IT WAS HORRIBLE!

And with the newest software, I'm STILL LEARNING new things, as well as how to accomplish and make old things look better in my sequences.

Again, I'm still a long way from a lot of these folks here, but I don't give up in frustration like I used to either.  Believe me, I *DO KNOW EXACTLY* how you feel.

Just a little background so you know, you aren't the only way that has gone through frustration and trial and tribulation trying to master or accomplish getting a sequence to run exactly like you want it too.

Good Luck and Happy Sequencing.

P.S.. This is why, and how, I finally came up with the "tag line" in my signature line below my comments.  Believe me, it's about as accurate as you can get when frustration kicks in doing this hobby of ours! ROFL

P.S.S.  Sorry it's long winded, but thought this story needed to be told, to let others know, that some of us have gone through this frustration when we started out with this too.  And how, and what we did to continue with it.  Too bad a lot of folks let the frustration get to them and got out of the hobby before they even really got started in it.

Edited by Orville
Add P.S.S. and correct some grammatical errors. What a pain having even a mild form of dyslexia is.

Orville

Thanks for the post, I thought of you many times through your rough times, very happy to see you back at it, you are an inspiration. But i am past the frustration, I know my limitations, and I will probably make some more arch's in the future, but they will be LED strands cause I can do them. I had a set of incandescent arch's and like the look, thought the RGB would be better but alas, sequencing is my down fall.

There is a fellow from down your way in Citrus county interested in them, if he can stomach the long drive I think he will get them, if not I might be able to find a way to get them to you if your interested later.

Thanks again, Keith

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kapkirk said:

Orville

Thanks for the post, I thought of you many times through your rough times, very happy to see you back at it, you are an inspiration. But i am past the frustration, I know my limitations, and I will probably make some more arch's in the future, but they will be LED strands cause I can do them. I had a set of incandescent arch's and like the look, thought the RGB would be better but alas, sequencing is my down fall.

There is a fellow from down your way in Citrus county interested in them, if he can stomach the long drive I think he will get them, if not I might be able to find a way to get them to you if your interested later.

Thanks again, Keith

If I had the funds and could still drive, I'd have no problem driving to Jacksonville, before they declared me legally blind a few years ago, and was told I couldn't drive any longer, I used to drive over to Folkston, GA to watch the trains that came in and out of Florida as one of my other pastimes.  It was a 3 hour drive there and Folkston is practically just over the Florida{Jacksonville} border.  So the drive when I could drive, wasn't tedious to me at all.  I miss having a vehicle and not being able to go visit displays at Halloween and Christmas now like I used to.  

No one seems to like to go out "Christmas Light Looking" like my wife and I did, if at all.  So we try and at least walk around the few neighbors around us so we can at least see what other folks are doing.  Far as I know I'm the only one in this area with a musical animated light display for Christmas.   Used to do Halloween, but got out of that this year, just too much work between the two.

I've got to get me a new digital camera so I can take and post photo's of some of the incandescent Blow molds and other stuff Halloween related I need to do away with too.  Only have 6 blow molds, a witch with broom{black}, a ghost holding Jack-O'-Lantern, and 4 slender pumpkin-head ghosts with yellow trick or treat bags with the word Boo on them.  And some other odd and end stuff, probably all incandescent bulbs.  But until I can find a way to take pics and post them, they'll be collecting dust in my house since I won't be using them again.  Ghost holding Jack-O'-Lantern and Pumpkin Heads were bought new, but the witch I bought used  from a friend in Ohio.  And all been used for just about 4 years in my former Halloween displays.  Also modified for better illumination, so they aren't in their factory condition.

Anyway, I do understand, sometimes I get there still yet, I just go and leave it for a day or two and come back and try again.  Guess I'm just a dadburn glutton for punishment!  LOL

Good luck on the guy from Citrus county taking them.   Whomever gets them will probably love them.

BTW: Where the computer is your downfall with this, mine is building props or arches, I just can't build things worth a flip.  I can't even cut a straight line, even using a jig, I can screw it up!  No joke, it's the truth! LOL

Edited by Orville

22 hours ago, Kapkirk said:

There is a fellow from down your way in Citrus county interested in them, if he can stomach the long drive I think he will get them

Thanks again, Keith

Thank you again for letting us come up today to test out the arches and pick them up today. It was a pleasure meeting you, your wife and your dogs  today. The family is already talking about you guys and your pool lol. We will definitely have to meet up again to come by and see your display around Christmas. Just wanted to say thank you for your hospitality from my entire family including our husky bandit. He was probably best behaved he has ever been today and obviously did not seem ready to leave. We enjoyed being in your company :) Thanks again and we will definitely keep in touch.

Frank & Rachel

Frank

Thank you, you are a very lucky man, you have a very nice family and Cheri and I enjoyed your visit, we were already talking about your family and looking forward to your next visit. And of course Bandit is welcome too, although the pool may be a little cool for him during xmas LOL. We usually do a fire pit in the driveway on Saturday nights during the light season and we hope you can make it, smores and more abound during these Saturday nights so come on up.

Keith

• Like 1

Exactly what the forums are probably intended to be. Great to read about hospitality. A lot of great people here.

JR

• Like 1

• The topic was locked