Light-O-Rama Forums

Song DOA by Bloodrock

Tharkun

I gave up on that one.  It was just too long for it's own good.   And now that I don't do Halloween displays any longer, it'll never be done.

But I tried starting it quite a few years ago, was far too much work and the song I think runs almost 9 minutes long {8m:34s to be exact from the MP3 I have of the song}. 

Songs anywhere from 2-3 minutes long are good, some songs you may get away with up to maybe 4 or 5 minutes in length, but believe me, the shorter the song, the better for your viewing audience, as many will start up and drive off before a long song ever finishes.  

2-3 minutes are among the best time lengths for a song in a display, and I think that's also probably the consensus of the majority of folks here will agree with those time lengths.

Hmm, the radio play version I have (and remember) is 4:39, but i get it. I guess when I learn sequencing somewhat, I'll try it. Its a great Halloween song.

6 hours ago, Tharkun said:

Hmm, the radio play version I have (and remember) is 4:39, but i get it. I guess when I learn sequencing somewhat, I'll try it. Its a great Halloween song.

Make sure you have plenty of beer!! :)  Most songs people do here are of the 2:50 variety or they will take a longer song and chop it down with audacity (some do such a good job you don't realize its been chopped).  The issue with song length has to do with listening to it over and over (couple hundred times) as you sequence and tweak.

21 hours ago, Tharkun said:

I have the extended version, they played it on the radio occasionally, and most times the extended version was by listener request.  But it is 8 minutes and 34 seconds long.  

I actually cut it down and think the cut down version so far that I did was around the same time frame yours is.  I was trying to get it down to about 2 minutes if at all possible.  

Some songs you can hack and some you can't.

Edited by Orville
missed a "d" in seconds and hit 6 instead of "4". **DOH!!**

• The topic was locked